Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a thread for this, but I can't find it right now.
Is anyone willing to share what prices/deals they have been able to get on their 2032/2038?

I am looking to buy one, and know that there is not much incentive for dealers to drop their prices, but I also know there is no reason they can't.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
452 Posts
I know there was a thread for this, but I can't find it right now.
Is anyone willing to share what prices/deals they have been able to get on their 2032/2038?

I am looking to buy one, and know that there is not much incentive for dealers to drop their prices, but I also know there is no reason they can't.

Thanks in advance!
The dealers are just like you, they want to “Getmore” because they can! Wait till the economy goes into a recession, then you will “Getmore”:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I'd like a better price I think I'd rather not see another recession.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check JD's web site, I think it was a $2000 discount on 32 and 38's, going on now.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I priced 4 series tractors in the Houston area, several different dealers with different owners. I then received a quote from Abilene, TX and they were at least 10% cheaper without even negotiating. This held true for Kubotas as well as JD. If it isn't too inconvenient you might try different areas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't understand how Deere has things set up, but I contacted a dealer 25 miles from me, and he said they won't sell to me because I am out of their area. I've heard this from a few dealers now in IN and KY.
Is it possible that other areas don't have this restriction?

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
I don't understand how Deere has things set up, but I contacted a dealer 25 miles from me, and he said they won't sell to me because I am out of their area. I've heard this from a few dealers now in IN and KY.

I have advised potential customers from other areas to buy from their local dealer so that dealer would be more likely to provide them their future needed services. If after hearing that advice they still want to buy from us, well then by all means. I cannot imagine flat out refusing to sell to someone for geographic location.

·
Premium Member
10,362 Posts

Not around here but typically if you are out of their area they cannot discount as much as one that is in the area. I am lucky because I have three different dealer networks of different ownership that can all be considered in my area.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I have advised potential customers from other areas to buy from their local dealer so that dealer would be more likely to provide them their future needed services. If after hearing that advice they still want to buy from us, well then by all means. I cannot imagine flat out refusing to sell to someone for geographic location.
I've had it happen to me. One old Hudson River, and of all places one Cazanovia Dealer. Funny thing, I just spent a load at a different Caz Dealer. Go figure?

Allen.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Dont know if the dealers knew where I lived. I am probably an exception to the rule. I live in the Houston area and shopped at the dealers around here. The place I was planning on using the new tractor is in the Abilene area. There are several dealerships in both areas. I told the dealer in the Abilene area that I appreciated the good quote and he told me that was their policy, start with their best price. The Houston dealerships have huge discounts during the Houston Livestock and Rodeo show. It wasn’t during the rodeo and they didn’t want to compete. I did buy a used tractor and brought it to the Abilene dealer. They had no problems with service. They gave me a great price on a 3rd SVC and a few other things. I must also add that both dealerships in Abilene, Kubota and JD, were more interested in earning my business. If they didn’t know the answer to my question, they called me back in less than an hour. I am still waiting on an answer that the JD dealership should have known and it is around six months later.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought a 2032R with loader and backhoe, Forks, Upgraded to Galaxy Radials, an Imatch, and an X590, and feel as though I am not really getting a good deal. Looking over the invoice makes my head spin. I haven't decided on what plow to get yet. I put down $13,300 in trade ins, and $5688 cash. The rest is going on an 84 month 0% loan. Not sure what my payments will be but hope it hovers around $400.

·
Registered
2025R, 455
114 Posts
Slightly smaller than you asked, but I just got a 2025R TLB for 16% under list price.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,306 Posts
I just spent a load at a different Caz Dealer.
But you ended up at the good Caz dealer IMO, they have always been very good to me. I do have 3 different dealer chains to chose from though, but Caz in Oneonta has always been the best, and they are only 20 minutes from my house.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
I bought a 2032R with loader and backhoe, Forks, Upgraded to Galaxy Radials, an Imatch, and an X590, and feel as though I am not really getting a good deal. Looking over the invoice makes my head spin. I haven't decided on what plow to get yet. I put down $13,300 in trade ins, and $5688 cash. The rest is going on an 84 month 0% loan. Not sure what my payments will be but hope it hovers around $400.
Shoulda been told that before you signed the papers.

I was quoted 3k under on a new 2025 a month ago with my trade in.

I ran into a fence installer a couple weeks ago and he said they’re installing cedar fencing at $60/ft. I paid 21 at the end of 18’. He said you’re better off paying 50/ft for vinyl

Reactions: Stevo3556

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just received a price of $30,600 for a 3023R w/R4 tures, loader and bucket, premium LED light kit, ROPS brush guard kit, 3rd function, dual rear SCVs, single point hydraulic connector, 72D mower, Load-N-Go ramps, and a mulch kit.
And I got to use my most local dealer to boot!

Reactions: Seasled

·
Registered
437 Posts
I still am not sure if I got a good deal or not. I got a 2021 2032R with Galaxy radials and spacers, Loader with stock bucket, 270B backhoe, Imatch Quick hitch, Pallet Forks, and a X590 with 54D Mulching deck with the lever. I traded in a 2012 2320 with 54" plow and a 2015 X320 with 48" deck and 48" snowblower. Trade in was $13,300. I put down $5688 cash and my 84 month 0% loan is $407.35 per month. So total with tax is: $53,205.40. Tax rate is 7%. There were loads of "freight and setup" charges in this deal.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
Your invoice should show MSRP and sell price. What's a X590 w/54D sell for?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.