Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hung a Bully aluminum step from my backhoe subframe and all was good getting on and off. When I got the Curtis cab the on and off turned bad. My step was too far under the cab door. Try as much as I could these old legs did not like this new climb. I searched and searched, then I found a side mount pickup truck step on Amazon. 38$ for two. This one had a flat top for mounting. I laid out and drilled 2 new holes in the step top to match the 2 JD studs from the floor. 2 large washers and original lock nuts. This moved the step 4” out and made a useable step. I think it will clear the mower deck later. Now testing begins. Seems very sturdy but could bolt a strut from under the center of step back to the subframe if necessary. I removed the old step and all is good without needing a ladder and safety line to mount up for seat time.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great Jep. How about a shot or two under the cab to show how you mounted and maybe a brand or link to the one you bought.
Underside mount pic, step and box, Amazon : Bully AS-200 Aluminum Side Step – 1 Pa
Bully AS-200 Aluminum Side Step – 1 Pair
4.4 out of 5 stars
List Price: $49.73
Price: $38.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts