Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Curtis cab looks like a very solid piece of equipment (very pricey too). I have a couple of questions that my dealer doesn't have a ready answer for.

1. Back Hoe - will the Curtis hard side or soft side work well with a back hoe? My dealer sales rep told me that they recommend keeping the cab on year round so I am curious about the cab being on and using the back hoe? Is it easy, after the initial installation, to remove parts of the cab?

2. Garage? My tractor without the ROPS being lowered doesn't fit under the garage door opening, it is close but no go. It looks as if the cab is not attached to the upper part of the ROPS and that looks like enough clearance to me - does anyone have experience with parking the tractor with cab mounted inside a standard residential garage?

The cab is very expensive and while I can see buying it it has to last a long time to make it worth while. It looks the best to me but it is a lot of money so I like to get some different views on issues like this

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Howdy Aircav.....I'm interested as well (I'm also located in Milford:laugh: but out by the Metropark.)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was told by curtis industries that only the rear soft curtain will work with the backhoe. I asked if they will be addressing this issue on the 1025r filb to compete with the bx25d and now other models. I was told not at this time but we'll look into it, after of course explaining what filb meant. I emailed them last fall so who knows when they will get around to it. Sorry I can't answer number 2 but I'm sure somebody will chime in shortly.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
I can't really answer your questions, but it may help others to know what tractor we are talking about?

Oh, and Welcome to GTT!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fellow Michigander

Howdy Aircav.....I'm interested as well (I'm also located in Milford:laugh: but out by the Metropark.)
I am East of you, just east of Lake Sherwood off of Commerce Road, so technically I am in Commerce Twp but more folks recognize Milford

·
Registered
21 Posts
Garage w/curtis cab

The Curtis cab looks like a very solid piece of equipment (very pricey too). I have a couple of questions that my dealer doesn't have a ready answer for.

1. Back Hoe - will the Curtis hard side or soft side work well with a back hoe? My dealer sales rep told me that they recommend keeping the cab on year round so I am curious about the cab being on and using the back hoe? Is it easy, after the initial installation, to remove parts of the cab?

2. Garage? My tractor without the ROPS being lowered doesn't fit under the garage door opening, it is close but no go. It looks as if the cab is not attached to the upper part of the ROPS and that looks like enough clearance to me - does anyone have experience with parking the tractor with cab mounted inside a standard residential garage?

The cab is very expensive and while I can see buying it it has to last a long time to make it worth while. It looks the best to me but it is a lot of money so I like to get some different views on issues like this

Thanks in advance for any help
I have a hard-sided curtis cab on a 1023 e, it's 81 1/8'' high,i,park in a garage with a 7' high opening,i also have a heater that sure is nice when i'm out blowing snow for 45 mins ,when it's about 10 degree's out

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I am East of you, just east of Lake Sherwood off of Commerce Road, so technically I am in Commerce Twp but more folks recognize Milford
I'm FAR west side - technically Brighton Twp - Heck - I'm not even in the right county (Livingston, not Oakland) but still have a Milford address.

Welcome to GTT

:wgtt:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

I have a Curtis hardside cab and love it. I have 8' high doors so I have no problem getting my 2320 in the garage. I take it apart piece by piece in the spring and put it back together on a pallet. Takes me a couple of hours to do. As long as your handy.......you shouldn't have a problem. :good2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cab decision

I think I am going to og with the Curtis soft sided cab. My dealer tells me that with the back hoe that is the best solution.

Any thoughts/comments before I call the dealer?

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I know what a "FLB" is. What's an "FiLB"?
FLB is factory loader backhoe

FILB is factory installed loader backhoe

If you look some of the acronyms will have a dotted line under them. By hovering the mouse pointer above the the forum will give you the definition.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd be all up into this if it came with AC. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts