Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone measure their Curtis Cab wiper for me please. I changed it last winter and put a longer winter blade on. It's not working very well and I'll probably go back to a summer blade with the original length. Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Morning Bob, just came back from my COLD garage to tell you, I measured 20 inches on the wiper blade. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sterling40man

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kev! I just tried to mess with it a little. It's working better but nowhere near what it needs to be. I was thinking of trying a curved blade like the Rain-X brand. Wiper Blades - Rain-X Any suggestions?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good question Bob? Mine seems to a good job clearing the windshield but, doesn't go up as high as I'd like too. Trying to keep the inner windshield not fogged is what I'm dealing with.Trying to regulate inside temp by cracking side windows and closing lower vents on heater box to force the warm air out the top seems to help a little bit but not perfect. Any tips?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts
Rain-X wipers do a good job...for a month or 2. The style is great but the product, not so much. Bought a set when they first came out. Didn't last. There are others with the same style that are supposed to last longer. People at NAPA here told me that any wiper will only last about 6 months so I buy the cheapest and replace them about every 6 month.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good question Bob? Mine seems to a good job clearing the windshield but, doesn't go up as high as I'd like too. Trying to keep the inner windshield not fogged is what I'm dealing with.Trying to regulate inside temp by cracking side windows and closing lower vents on heater box to force the warm air out the top seems to help a little bit but not perfect. Any tips?
I added a fan and it really helped with the fogging issue. I installed it on the opposite side of the heater in the back corner.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll have to put it on my bucket list. thanks for the pics

Reactions: sterling40man

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Rain-X wipers do a good job...for a month or 2. The style is great but the product, not so much. Bought a set when they first came out. Didn't last. There are others with the same style that are supposed to last longer. People at NAPA here told me that any wiper will only last about 6 months so I buy the cheapest and replace them about every 6 month.
Yes, i agree.
I needed wipers bad and was forced somewhat into buying $18 a piece wipers because the place was out and i didn't feel like driving all over. I figured they must be good right?
Wrong.
I hated them and they squeeked from almost day one. They were the fancy ice blade single big bar type.
Just finally replaced them with the cheapest pair Auto Zone had. Quiet as a mouse.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
994 Posts
Rain x wipers are supposed to be used w/ a spray that is sold separately. Have not used either

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts
Rain x wipers are supposed to be used w/ a spray that is sold separately. Have not used either
Adding to the already inflated cost. I used the rain x spray on our semi when we were driving to help us see in snow and rain white outs. Applied it as instructed in the directions. Messed up our windshield for 2 months. Took that long to wear off the windshield. Streaks so bad that it makes it even harder to see. Tried scrubbing the stuff off, that didn't work. That was my experience. :thumbsdown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts