Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone,

I live on a lake and the weekly chore is raking the accumulation of weeds before I can play on the lake. What I needed was a stiff rake (wet weeds are heavy) with narrow tines (so as not to rake up the sand as well). I searched high and low on the internet and found nothing that fit the bill. The only thing that came close was a pine needle rake, but the tines were too long and flimsy. So I decided to make the rake myself.

Let's get right to the good stuff. Here are pics of the build.

Img_0669_.jpg

The holes in the angle iron are for tines I found at Farm and Fleet from a hay bailer. The tines are short and stiff.

IMG_0673.jpg

With removable tongue in place. Some tines installed

Img_0676_.jpg

With raising and lowering mechanism and linkage. This will allow me to set the depth of the rake in the beach sand.

IMG_0680.jpg

With gas spring added to keep the lever in the up or down position

Img_0695_.jpg Img_0696_.jpg

Mostly complete, except it's not going to be used on a garden tractor. It's going on my JD2520.

IMG_0700.jpg

Painting

IMG_0725.jpg

Complete

IMG_0721.JPG

Mounted and ready to use

0723 Screen Shot.jpg

Pulling the weeds in. Field Trial Successful! :yahoo:

0820 Screen Shot.jpg

Getting it done on the beach.

Cheers all.

·
Administrator
18,760 Posts
Very Cool attachment Dave!

Welcome to DT:bye:

·
Corndog Hater
11,849 Posts
That looks great, thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
947 Posts
JDDave,

Do you use it also to groom your beach also? That certainly is a nice beach and a excellent job on the attachment you built.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Now you are talking Dave. Very well thought out and built. :thumbup1gif: I really like how you jumped in and post some real meat and potatoes stuff here. You are talkin' our language.

And welcome! Glad you are here. :hi:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JDDave,

Do you use it also to groom your beach also? That certainly is a nice beach and a excellent job on the attachment you built.
Lost in wisconsin, yes I use it to groom the beach as well. It does double duty on the beach. I'm also thinking about using it to dethatch my lawn.

·
Corndog Hater
11,849 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts