Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone.

I started a project to add Power Beyond (PB) to my 2520. I reviewed the prior threads on PB and took their lead for the plumbing details (thanks). I added a little of my own twist - a dual control valve and a custom bracket. It's not complete at this point, but I hope to complete it soon.

Started with a model of the setup in Google Sketchup
Product Parallel Auto part Cylinder

Exported the geometries to my plasma CNC, and cut the bracket parts.
Metal Rectangle Illustration Art
Technology Vehicle Auto part Electronic device Automotive window part

Checked alignment with the valve - perfect
Fawn

Unfortunately had to cut the vertical piece again to get the right placement on the tractor. I also added a 5/16" threaded hole to the base bracket to relocate the seat belt holder to this bracket.
Metal Hardware accessory Steel

Welded the bracket parts together. Note the threaded hole for the seat belt holder.
Auto part Metal Pipe

Checked the fit on the tractor
Vehicle Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Machine

Everything looks good so far. Next I get the bracket powder coated and complete the plumbing to the tractor.

Dave

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Nice! You have two SCV's in less space than the single factory valve. Why can't JD offer something like this? I have the factory 3rd SVC on my 2720 which is okay but I desperately need a second valve.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Administrator
22,238 Posts
Man, that looks great, especially with the logo cut out. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
WOW great job!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, how much :gizmo: do you have in it so far?
I'm assuming this is a serious question.

If you're talking about the bracketry, not much. The largest expense will be the powder coating. The steel was free and the cutting/welding cost me electricity/consumables (Oh, and my time).

If you're talking about the PB stuff, $200. I'd say I saved a fair amount of money. :good2:

Qty Item No Description Amount
******************************************************************************************
1 9-7862 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE 151.95
1 9-6801-L-6-6 JIC 6M TO SAE 6M LONG 90 ELBOW 2.40
1 9-6801-6-6 JIC 6M x SAE 6M SWIVEL 90 ELBOW 2.20
2 930-2230 3/8" X 30" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE 23.90
2 9-6801-6-8 JIC 6M x SAE 8M 90 ELBOW 4.40
4 9-6405-8-4 SAE 8M x 1/4 NPTF ADAPTER 10.76
4 9-5404-4-4 1/4 NPT HEX NIPPLE 4.00
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Total Product $: 199.61

Dave

·
Administrator
22,406 Posts
Dave,
I'd love to hear/see more about your plasma table-maybe in a new separate thread in the metalworking section.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,865 Posts
Looks impressive JDDave :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just realized that you have two different Deere cutouts there, did you get it upside down the first time? Not criticizing, because I couldn't even dream of being as creative as you are with this! So have you thought about making and selling them? You have a captive audience here.....

·
Premium Member
13,717 Posts
That looks AWESOME!

Great Job.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just realized that you have two different Deere cutouts there, did you get it upside down the first time? Not criticizing, because I couldn't even dream of being as creative as you are with this! So have you thought about making and selling them? You have a captive audience here.....
Nope, since I didn't have a model of the structures around the position of the SCV (seat and ROPS), I guessed wrong in terms of height and horizontal position. So I re-made the vertical piece.

Depending on the response in this thread I would consider making them for others.

Dave

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stuff like this is what makes this such a cool place to hang out!!! Excellent work!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,865 Posts
Nope, since I didn't have a model of the structures around the position of the SCV (seat and ROPS), I guessed wrong in terms of height and horizontal position. So I re-made the vertical piece.

Depending on the response in this thread I would consider making them for others.

Dave
Nice! :thumbup1gif:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
734 Posts
I'm assuming this is a serious question.

If you're talking about the bracketry, not much. The largest expense will be the powder coating. The steel was free and the cutting/welding cost me electricity/consumables (Oh, and my time).

If you're talking about the PB stuff, $200. I'd say I saved a fair amount of money. :good2:

Qty Item No Description Amount
******************************************************************************************
1 9-7862 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE 151.95
1 9-6801-L-6-6 JIC 6M TO SAE 6M LONG 90 ELBOW 2.40
1 9-6801-6-6 JIC 6M x SAE 6M SWIVEL 90 ELBOW 2.20
2 930-2230 3/8" X 30" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE 23.90
2 9-6801-6-8 JIC 6M x SAE 8M 90 ELBOW 4.40
4 9-6405-8-4 SAE 8M x 1/4 NPTF ADAPTER 10.76
4 9-5404-4-4 1/4 NPT HEX NIPPLE 4.00
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Total Product $: 199.61

Dave
Your install looks great. :thumbup1gif: I have a question though, you said that you needed to get power beyond, are you just going to bungee one of the valves open. Those are not detent valves, so in a sense you still do not have your power beyond.

Just wondering what you plan on doing is all. :unknown:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your install looks great. :thumbup1gif: I have a question though, you said that you needed to get power beyond, are you just going to bungee one of the valves open. Those are not detent valves, so in a sense you still do not have your power beyond.

Just wondering what you plan on doing is all. :unknown:
MtnViewRanch, you're observation is correct! It's not a true Power Beyond. BUT, it could be. What I mean is, this SCV is capable of feeding a hydraulics loop beyond itself. See configuation diagram below where a plug is used to make the valve feed another loop.

White Line art Text Design Diagram

For more detail search for dr9-7862.pdf online.

Dave

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
734 Posts
MtnViewRanch, you're observation is correct! It's not a true Power Beyond. BUT, it could be. What I mean is, this SCV is capable of feeding a hydraulics loop beyond itself. See configuation diagram below where a plug is used to make the valve feed another loop.

View attachment 95345

For more detail search for dr9-7862.pdf online.

Dave
While this is true, instead of having to do that, why not have a separate valve to provide the power beyond? No connecting and disconnecting the flow source when you have a valve intended for that purpose. I provide those type of valve systems all the time, just makes for a cleaner system IMO. I now know that you do not even need a power beyond source, just a control valve. This was not clear in the original post.

Again, nice setup. :good2:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While this is true, instead of having to do that, why not have a separate valve to prove the power beyond? No connecting and disconnecting the flow source when you have a valve intended for that purpose. I provide those type of valve systems all the time, just makes for a cleaner system IMO. I now know that you do not even need a power beyond source, just a control valve. This was not clear in the original post.

Again, nice setup. :good2:

MtnViewRanch, maybe I'm not following. Could you elaborate?

I intend to route the output and input lines from the trans-axle to the SCV I show in the first post. No need for other valves the way I see it.

Thanks for your coaching here.

Dave

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
734 Posts
MtnViewRanch, maybe I'm not following. Could you elaborate?

I intend to route the output and input lines from the trans-axle to the SCV I show in the first post. No need for other valves the way I see it.

Thanks for your coaching here.

Dave
You are correct, for what you are doing, (controlling a hydraulic cylinder) there is no reason to provide anything with a constant flow. Your valve setup will work fine. In your original post, you said a power beyond setup. When I hear that, to me a person requires a source of a constant flow to operate something such as a back hoe, or a log splitter. Something that has it's own control valves that simply need a source and return for fluid. This was not what you needed, you just needed a control valve (SCV) to operate the hydraulic cylinder-s on the implement that you are making.

Ultimately my confusion has been my lack of understanding of what you needed. So I apologize for that.

You should be all set once you make your connections and install the pipe plug down on the tractor end of things. :good2:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.