Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
740 Posts
I'm assuming this is a serious question.

If you're talking about the bracketry, not much. The largest expense will be the powder coating. The steel was free and the cutting/welding cost me electricity/consumables (Oh, and my time).

If you're talking about the PB stuff, $200. I'd say I saved a fair amount of money. :good2:

Qty Item No Description Amount
******************************************************************************************
1 9-7862 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE 151.95
1 9-6801-L-6-6 JIC 6M TO SAE 6M LONG 90 ELBOW 2.40
1 9-6801-6-6 JIC 6M x SAE 6M SWIVEL 90 ELBOW 2.20
2 930-2230 3/8" X 30" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE 23.90
2 9-6801-6-8 JIC 6M x SAE 8M 90 ELBOW 4.40
4 9-6405-8-4 SAE 8M x 1/4 NPTF ADAPTER 10.76
4 9-5404-4-4 1/4 NPT HEX NIPPLE 4.00
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Total Product $: 199.61

Dave
Your install looks great. :thumbup1gif: I have a question though, you said that you needed to get power beyond, are you just going to bungee one of the valves open. Those are not detent valves, so in a sense you still do not have your power beyond.

Just wondering what you plan on doing is all. :unknown:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
740 Posts
MtnViewRanch, you're observation is correct! It's not a true Power Beyond. BUT, it could be. What I mean is, this SCV is capable of feeding a hydraulics loop beyond itself. See configuation diagram below where a plug is used to make the valve feed another loop.

View attachment 95345

For more detail search for dr9-7862.pdf online.

Dave
While this is true, instead of having to do that, why not have a separate valve to provide the power beyond? No connecting and disconnecting the flow source when you have a valve intended for that purpose. I provide those type of valve systems all the time, just makes for a cleaner system IMO. I now know that you do not even need a power beyond source, just a control valve. This was not clear in the original post.

Again, nice setup. :good2:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
740 Posts
MtnViewRanch, maybe I'm not following. Could you elaborate?

I intend to route the output and input lines from the trans-axle to the SCV I show in the first post. No need for other valves the way I see it.

Thanks for your coaching here.

Dave
You are correct, for what you are doing, (controlling a hydraulic cylinder) there is no reason to provide anything with a constant flow. Your valve setup will work fine. In your original post, you said a power beyond setup. When I hear that, to me a person requires a source of a constant flow to operate something such as a back hoe, or a log splitter. Something that has it's own control valves that simply need a source and return for fluid. This was not what you needed, you just needed a control valve (SCV) to operate the hydraulic cylinder-s on the implement that you are making.

Ultimately my confusion has been my lack of understanding of what you needed. So I apologize for that.

You should be all set once you make your connections and install the pipe plug down on the tractor end of things. :good2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.