Green Tractor Talk banner

Custom Rear Dual SCV on 2520

14K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  kerlinnd 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone.

I started a project to add Power Beyond (PB) to my 2520. I reviewed the prior threads on PB and took their lead for the plumbing details (thanks). I added a little of my own twist - a dual control valve and a custom bracket. It's not complete at this point, but I hope to complete it soon.

Started with a model of the setup in Google Sketchup
Product Parallel Auto part Cylinder

Exported the geometries to my plasma CNC, and cut the bracket parts.
Metal Rectangle Illustration Art
Technology Vehicle Auto part Electronic device Automotive window part

Checked alignment with the valve - perfect
Fawn

Unfortunately had to cut the vertical piece again to get the right placement on the tractor. I also added a 5/16" threaded hole to the base bracket to relocate the seat belt holder to this bracket.
Metal Hardware accessory Steel

Welded the bracket parts together. Note the threaded hole for the seat belt holder.
Auto part Metal Pipe

Checked the fit on the tractor
Vehicle Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Machine

Everything looks good so far. Next I get the bracket powder coated and complete the plumbing to the tractor.

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! You have two SCV's in less space than the single factory valve. Why can't JD offer something like this? I have the factory 3rd SVC on my 2720 which is okay but I desperately need a second valve.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt
#3 ·
Man, that looks great, especially with the logo cut out. :bigthumb:

#6 ·
#7 ·
I'm assuming this is a serious question.

If you're talking about the bracketry, not much. The largest expense will be the powder coating. The steel was free and the cutting/welding cost me electricity/consumables (Oh, and my time).

If you're talking about the PB stuff, $200. I'd say I saved a fair amount of money. :good2:

Qty Item No Description Amount
******************************************************************************************
1 9-7862 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE 151.95
1 9-6801-L-6-6 JIC 6M TO SAE 6M LONG 90 ELBOW 2.40
1 9-6801-6-6 JIC 6M x SAE 6M SWIVEL 90 ELBOW 2.20
2 930-2230 3/8" X 30" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE 23.90
2 9-6801-6-8 JIC 6M x SAE 8M 90 ELBOW 4.40
4 9-6405-8-4 SAE 8M x 1/4 NPTF ADAPTER 10.76
4 9-5404-4-4 1/4 NPT HEX NIPPLE 4.00
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Total Product $: 199.61

Dave

#8 ·
Dave,
I'd love to hear/see more about your plasma table-maybe in a new separate thread in the metalworking section.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt
#10 ·
I just realized that you have two different Deere cutouts there, did you get it upside down the first time? Not criticizing, because I couldn't even dream of being as creative as you are with this! So have you thought about making and selling them? You have a captive audience here.....

#13 ·
Stuff like this is what makes this such a cool place to hang out!!! Excellent work!!

#26 ·
Today I succeeded in finishing the install by completing the plumbing down below. I choose to take a different approach from the others I've seen on GTT. I wanted to avoid buying new o-rings and getting hydraulic fluid all over. So I went in through the seat and selective control linkage. Took about 2 hours.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Machine Auto part Agricultural machinery

Seat and SCV linkage removed

Auto part Engine Machine Automotive engine part Vehicle

Access to the port where one must insert plug to direct fluid to power beyond fittings

Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part

Another view of the access port

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Fuel line

Power beyond fitting in place. Had to remove the forward/reverse dashpot to get the larger fitting to spin into place.

Auto part
Auto part Pipe Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

Hoses in place

Motor vehicle Vehicle Green Tractor Tire

Finished look

Dave

#28 ·
Here's the final Bill of Material. Made some changes from the original.

Qty Item No Description
******************************************************************************************
Up Top
1 9-7862 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21BB5C1 DA VALVE
1 9-6500-6-6 JIC 6M X JIC 6F SWIVEL 90 ELBOW
2 9-6801-6-8 JIC 6M x SAE 8M 90 ELBOW
4 9-6405-8-4 SAE 8M x 1/4 NPTF ADAPTER
4 9-5404-4-4 1/4 NPT HEX NIPPLE
(4 1/4" hydraulic quick connects)

Hoses
1 930-2230 3/8" X 30" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE
1 930-2236 3/8" X 36" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 4000 PSI HYD HOSE

Down below
1 9-6801-LL-6-6 JIC 6M x SAE 6M 90 ELBOW X-LONG
1 9-6801-6-6 JIC 6M x SAE 6M SWIVEL 90 ELBOW
(and Deere power beyond plug)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dave

#31 ·
Thank you for the parts list, I am getting my 2032 next week and this is one of my first projects to add to it. I wonder if your bracket will fit it?

Reactions: BigJim55
#32 ·
Hookoil, I haven't looked at the 2032. There are two main factors at play. First is the mounting bolt pattern and bolt size. Second is surrounding structures (interference with the bracket and valve) - from what I see on the John Deere parts diagrams there's a good change things are similar/identical.

If you can give me accurate dimensions for the bolt pattern, I can verify this. Regarding potential interferences, perhaps you can take pictures and we'd have an educated guess.

Dave

#34 ·
I was able to get my machine home early:yahoo: these are the pics of my ROPS, it looks the same as yours including the part number. It looks like they use the same drops 2305,2320,2520,2720,2025r,2027r &2032r. So I think your bracket and parts lists will work for my setup :good2: How much is a bracket? and what kind of time frame not that I am in a huge rush but just wondering?

Reactions: BigJim55
#35 ·
Thinking about doing this so I can add a top and tilt to my 2025r , did u have to remove the valve body from the tractor to get the plug installed as well as the in and out hydro lines ? If so does fluid go all over ?

#36 · (Edited)
No and No. I used the technique shown in the pictures to avoid removing the valve body. To me, I'd rather spend the extra time rather than disturb the seals and get oil all over the place.

As you can see in the pictures I removed the seat, and the SCV linkage/lever to get front access to the port where the plug goes. It's a little tedious but worth it to me. You can see from other posts (on this forum) how to install the plug.

Regarding the in/out fittings, I only had an issue with the XLong fitting. It wouldn't rotate all the way around due to the forward/reverse dashpot (called Torsional Damper in parts catalog). It was easy to move out of the way to get the fitting in. You can see in picture IMG_6140.jpg (in the prior post) the dashpot is removed (missing).

Hope this helps,

JDDave

Here's the port access to where the plug goes:
Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part

Note the clearance around the in/out fittings in the picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.