Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a snow plow for my 1025R but wasn't about to fork out over $1000 to get one.
My project began when I found a in new condition Toro TimeCutter ZX 56" Snow Blade for $50. The guy bought it but he never mounted it.
I decided that i didn't want to invest a lot of time/money into this project as i was uncertain how the tractor would handle it.
I bought a prefab'd quick attach loader plate that was scratch and dent priced on ebay from Titan. Pretty nice product by the way.
Hacked up the toro's frame and joined the two together. I was able to test it about two weeks ago and it worked perfectly. Its light, but not too light. In float mode the loader does a fairly good job at adjusting to the driveway. I did wear the skid shoes down about 50%.. oops. Guess i'll have to weld some thicker metal to them. The loader plate sticks out about 1" further than the plow does when its fully angled. I was thinking of adding some rubber wings. Not sure on exactly what i'll do about it if anything.
The next thing i wanted to try was the rubber cutting edge that everyone on here seems to do to their plow. Well, Tractor supply had a sale on the horse stall mats, so i picked one up. Didn't take long to cut and tap the holes, maybe an hour. Now i just need some snow to clear to test it out.

Total investment so far is $205.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,853 Posts
Looks fine to me! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,917 Posts
Looks pretty good, your first photo I though man that blade isn't very tall. Then I seen just the angle the photo was taken :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,214 Posts
Looks good! Are you going to add hydro-angling to it at some point?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Nice Job.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good! Are you going to add hydro-angling to it at some point?
I think if i was going to do anything like that, i'd start with a slightly larger plow. If i happen to find one thats reasonably priced then i may venture down that road. For now, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks good! I have a 60" Warn snowplow I use with my Grizzly 700 that I am going to adapt to pin on to pallet forks. I'm not going to do it till the summer though. What is the deepest snow you have plowed with it?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good! I have a 60" Warn snowplow I use with my Grizzly 700 that I am going to adapt to pin on to pallet forks. I'm not going to do it till the summer though. What is the deepest snow you have plowed with it?
so far i've only seen 4" of fluffy snow. we're getting 2-4" now of slushy wet stuff.... I'm itching to get out there. :greentractorride:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts