Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Wow!

Now that is slick. Looks like projects are mounting up for my mill. I do already have a pipe bender. Yeah I know, it isn't a tube bender. Maybe I could just modify my pipe bender with custom mandrels?

Jim, You used the drill as a turn table? :think:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that is slick. Looks like projects are mounting up for my mill. I do already have a pipe bender. Yeah I know, it isn't a tube bender. Maybe I could just modify my pipe bender with custom mandrels?

Jim, You used the drill as a turn table? :think:
Randy I'm sorry to have mislead you, the pictures are from a website I saved a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Not a problem Jim. I just assumed that this was another one of your handy work. I like how the tube is bent in the upward direction rather than down. I changed the title so others wouldn't think this was our personal thread.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like vertical benders better too because you can use a magnetic protractor to make repeat bends. I'm thinking because this bender bends over the top, with a 180 degree die you could bend just about any degree bend you would ever need. http://www.pro-tools.com/200k.htm

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
That's pretty cool Tackit. I wonder if the guy who made it used tool steel for the mandrels, and had it heat treated.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty cool Tackit. I wonder if the guy who made it used tool steel for the mandrels, and had it heat treated.
I thought it was a clever way to make dies too. Heat treating would be good idea if he planned on using them allot. I don't know the kind of steel he used though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts