Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the deck and replaced blades and deck belt. I then replaced the drive belt to the trans as well. The tension spring, which attaches to the idler plate . . where does it attach at the back of the tractor? I forgot where and see no sign of it. I placed it too far forward, no power., moved it back to another hole, was better, moved it again and it feels pretty good. But I want to attach it to the right place sense the tension of the spring is so important to the drive of the tractor.

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
I removed the deck and replaced blades and deck belt. I then replaced the drive belt to the trans as well. The tension spring, which attaches to the idler plate . . where does it attach at the back of the tractor? I forgot where and see no sign of it. I placed it too far forward, no power., moved it back to another hole, was better, moved it again and it feels pretty good. But I want to attach it to the right place sense the tension of the spring is so important to the drive of the tractor.[/QUote}]

Check out the image here. I tried to copy the image and paste it here but the site won't let me.....

You have to click "Enlarge the Image" on the right side of the screen on the section header, then you will see the parts schematic for your drive components and it shows the spring location and where it attaches. Hope this is what you need,

Just for future reference, it's always a good idea to take pictures with your phone when disassembling something you aren't familiar with as the photos can be very helpful in reassembly......

John Deere - Parts Catalog

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the deck and replaced blades and deck belt. I then replaced the drive belt to the trans as well. The tension spring, which attaches to the idler plate . . where does it attach at the back of the tractor? I forgot where and see no sign of it. I placed it too far forward, no power., moved it back to another hole, was better, moved it again and it feels pretty good. But I want to attach it to the right place sense the tension of the spring is so important to the drive of the tractor.[/QUote}]

Check out the image here. I tried to copy the image and paste it here but the site won't let me.....

You have to click "Enlarge the Image" on the right side of the screen on the section header, then you will see the parts schematic for your drive components and it shows the spring location and where it attaches. Hope this is what you need,

Just for future reference, it's always a good idea to take pictures with your phone when disassembling something you aren't familiar with as the photos can be very helpful in reassembly......

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Thanks for trying. few things. No pic is linked. And if it's a JD pic, that doesn't help. It doesn't show where the end of the spring I'm talking about . . . goes. as for taking pics, I restore cars professionally, usually remember whatever I do :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to connect the spring around the shaft that is behind the idler plate. The spring end is made to go around some 'round", so that is why I chose this place. It seems to be working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts