Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am happy with my D120 loader I would really like the artillian fork setup and it doesn't work with the pin-on bucket. Has anyone converted a D120 to a quick attach system? I think someone had mentioned that JD makes a kit to convert over to quick attach. I am only concerned about the bucket removing quickly. I don't need the entire loader to come off the same way.

·
127 Posts
Although I am happy with my D120 loader I would really like the artillian fork setup and it doesn't work with the pin-on bucket. Has anyone converted a D120 to a quick attach system? I think someone had mentioned that JD makes a kit to convert over to quick attach. I am only concerned about the bucket removing quickly. I don't need the entire loader to come off the same way.
You are correct, they make a conversion kit to convert the D120 to the Quick Attach system. The JD bundle on that part is: #BW15939 for your own research, although it will also require you to use a different bucket than the stock D120 bucket as that was created for the D120 and not the Quick Attach system.

This Quick Attach conversion runs for around $300 if I remember correctly

Let us know if you are interested in buying one or would like more information! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, they make a conversion kit to convert the D120 to the Quick Attach system. The JD bundle on that part is: #BW15939 for your own research, although it will also require you to use a different bucket than the stock D120 bucket as that was created for the D120 and not the Quick Attach system.

This Quick Attach conversion runs for around $300 if I remember correctly

Let us know if you are interested in buying one or would like more information! :thumbup1gif:
Great, but how much is a new bucket? Could I modify my existing one?

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Sure, you could weld the hooks and pins to your bucket after cutting the old mounts off. Chris does make a pin-on set for the older loaders-it may work with the D120, not as convenient but it'd be a whole lot cheaper!

Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lower brackets in this link must be the mounts I would need to weld to my bucket? For Your JDQA Projects

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
They would work great, or you can get just the parts (hooks and pins) from JD as well.

Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or you can make you own JDQA adapters for your bucket. The top can be fabbed out of angle iron or something similar. The bottom pins are the same as CAT 3 3PH lift pins cut down. I did that very thing on my home-built set of forks.

home-built-set-forks-john-deere-quick-attach-loader
Nice job on those forks. How does the lower quick attach pin come undone from the tractor? Is there a pin you pull from underneath? Just trying to get an idea how the quick attach works.

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
Nice job on those forks. How does the lower quick attach pin come undone from the tractor? Is there a pin you pull from underneath? Just trying to get an idea how the quick attach works.
Thanks.:hi:

Yup, you use a lynch pin that goes through the bucket pin.

IMG_2039.JPG

Here's a pic of my home-built forks JDQA lower pin. It's the same for the bucket. Super fast and easy to change attachments.:good2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts