Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Is just the blade speed slowing down or engine speed also? If engine speed also, are you running wide open throttle?

If only blades are slowing, with engine OFF, gently pull on drive belt to get a "feel" for how tight the belt is when raised. Lower deck and check belt tension again. Then, remove belt and try to wiggle/move blade pulleys and idler pulley...may be an issue with each or all ! Could also be a worn belt. JD belt or aftermarket? Check things out and post results. Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Bob. I just put a new JD belt on it. Only the blade speed. I’ll run those checks and post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Bob. I just put a new JD belt on it. Only the blade speed. I’ll run those checks and post.
Is just the blade speed slowing down or engine speed also? If engine speed also, are you running wide open throttle?

If only blades are slowing, with engine OFF, gently pull on drive belt to get a "feel" for how tight the belt is when raised. Lower deck and check belt tension again. Then, remove belt and try to wiggle/move blade pulleys and idler pulley...may be an issue with each or all ! Could also be a worn belt. JD belt or aftermarket? Check things out and post results. Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engine speed is good. Just put on a new OEM belt. Mows just fine. Blade and Idler pullys work fine. Almost by accident I drove over a low spot in the driveway which created extra distance between the deck and the concrete. Fully powered up and engaged, I lowered the deck all the way down and no change in speed. Weird. It seems that it has something to do with the proximity the deck is to the pavement vs a belt or pulley problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts