Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the main drive belt in my 2 year old D125 and put on new pulley's as well. I ordered the parts from John Deere (GX20006KIT1) so I didn't have any issues. I noticed the old belt was pretty tight and when I put on the new one there was a lot of slack. I compared the belt size and pulley sizes and they are the same. I made a quick video as a visual. I know it's something dumb I'm doing but not sure what. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

https://vimeo.com/216406817

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
Doesn't look like a complex belt route but double check you have it going around the pulleys correctly.
I believe he is referring to the main drive belt, not the mower deck belt.

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
I see there is a spring and tensioning mechanism. Is something stuck or did something get disconnected? Can you confirm that the tensioner has full range of motion?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I just changed the main drive belt in my 2 year old D125 and put on new pulley's as well. I ordered the parts from John Deere (GX20006KIT1) so I didn't have any issues. I noticed the old belt was pretty tight and when I put on the new one there was a lot of slack. I compared the belt size and pulley sizes and they are the same. I made a quick video as a visual. I know it's something dumb I'm doing but not sure what. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

https://vimeo.com/216406817

Is the brake on? It normally slacks the belt before actually applying the brake. When you release it the belt should get tight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I believe you have routed the wrong side of the belt thru the idlers. The side of the belt you had your hand should wrap thru the idlers.
I could be wrong of course, but looking at a belt diagram from the top down, and then looking at the tractor from the bottom up, is a bit confusing for me, too.

tommyhawk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts