Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum. I just bought a JD D130 with A rear bagger so I have a few questions you might be able to help me with. First, I was surprised when I picked it up that the bagger attachment doesn't have a solid bottom to it. Every unit I've seen on my neighbors tractors have a solid bottom. My unit has two mesh (cloth) bags. Price seemed good for what I thought I was buying, but way too much for this. Is this a major design change for JD? If so, any idea why the change? Second, can I put plastic bags in these mesh bags to collect the grass/leave clippings? I would imagine it's be a real pain to pull the clippings from the mesh netting. The JD instructions don't say anything about this. Finally, I read that I needed the hi-lift blades to provide more lift power to preclude chute blockages, so I bought them. I assume I can just lift the front of the tractor to replace the blades. I don't have a maintenance manual. Any help you can provide would be appreciated...

J.D.

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
Welocome to DT JD:hi:

I don't know much about baggers, but EH13 is correct about them needing to breath somehow since you are pumping air/grass into the bags the air has to have a easy way out.

As for the blade replacment yes, you just need to riase the front up so you can reach under there. An air operated impact gun makes it a easy job if you have one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have had grass collectors on the lawn tractors that I have owned over the years. Both mesh and solid baskets. I prefer the mesh since they are lighter and don't promote mildew. I have never had a problem with the clippings getting tangled with the mesh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.