Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a d130 with a new belt that keeps coming off. I have read multiple threads with the same issue but no resolution. The belt has a lot of slack in it when engaged, it’s routed correctly and everything is checking out done on the deck. There is no adjustment with the deck that I can find. Surely someone has had this issue and solved it someway

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Micheal, From partscatalog.deere.com, this is the 42" deck for the D130 tractor:

Looking at the parts breakdown, I would think that item #12 or #12A would be a spring loaded arm to apply belt tension. Check to see that spring hasn't broken and that atm pivots freely. Check for any play in bushing #10 & screw 16 as these will allow arm to twist and throw your belt off.

I don't have a D130, so this is all that I've got! Bob

·
Registered
484 Posts
Only thing I can add to Bob's post is that sometime recently, there was a post about this type deck not having any adjustment for the belt engagement. On the older decks like on my neighbor's L100, what appears to be part #36 above, was held on with two self tapping screws. This is where the cable housing anchors, while the cable end attaches to the spring, The mounting holes in the bracket base are elongated to allow for a little adjustment.

The later decks have that anchor bracket welded in place, hence, no adjustment. One suggested improvement was to cut the welds from that bracket and use the bolt on type. I suspect the welded on type has no elongated holes in the base, so hopefully one could buy the older type and drill and tap holes in the deck at the proper position.
I did drill and tap two new holes in the L100 deck to move the bracket back even farther. I don't recall that he was having the belt jump off, but thinking the new belt would begin to slip after just a couple weeks of use.
I wonder if JD ever substituted the original belt number? They definitely saved a couple pennies changing to the welded on version.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is it this deck?

Adjusting Mower Belt Tension (107 cm (42 in.) Mower Deck)
    • Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY section.)
    • Move mower engagement (PTO) lever or switch to OFF position.

• GXAL42036
      GXAL42036-UN: Adjust mower deck belt tensionLoosen nuts (A) and move cable bracket (B) away from the center of mower deck to tighten belt tension. Move bracket until almost all slack is out of cable but cable is not too tight. Tighten nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.