Green Tractor Talk banner

D130 not running at full power

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  k91 
#1 ·
I have a D130 with 50 hours on it. Recently every couple of starts it doesn't want to start at full power. It runs but not right. It seems to cut ok but i can I can also smell gas while cutting. I have had it to the dealer but they could not get it to reproduce what i had heard and smelled. Next time i cut the grass it will probably start just fine. I have drained all the fresh gas out of it and put in new with Seafoam (per the dealer recommendation), but no avail. Has anybody experiences this before? My neighbor has the same tractor and when running side by side you can clearly hear that mine is not running the same.

#2 ·
Does the oil smell like gas? Maybe a sticking float on the carb. You might want to pull the spark plug and see if it is running rich. If you are unsure what it should look like post a picture of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
When was the last time the air filter was replaced?

Reactions: felixm22
#5 ·
So it is less than a year old with 50 hours? Almost new indeed. Was it stored over last winter?

A new set of NGK plugs is fundamental. After first seeing and reviewing the condition of the original spark plugs. The air filter also, considering the unusual complaint.

Your statement of a gas odor is indicative of fuel leakage or unburned fuel. Do you notice the fuel odor when the motor is running or when sitting overnight, in storage? At the motor exhaust or near the fuel tank?

#6 ·
A clogged air filter causes the mixture to be too rich. If this is the case, you should see black smoke in the exhaust and the spark plugs will be black instead of a nice tan color. There are other reasons for a rich mixture, but the air filter is the easiest and an inexpensive thing to check.

#7 ·
When you say it is not running the same as your neighbors what exactly do you mean? Does it sound slower? Has a miss? Maybe the choke is misadjusted or not coming completely off and causing you to run a little rich. Or more unlikely it is not running at the same RPM. Just some other stuff I would check if your air filter is ok. Good luck :bye:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.