Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Momma a new D130 yesterday. She doesn't like the close yards mowed with the 1025R and I don't like her in the heat with the Honda push mower.

Filled it up, checked the fluids, started it up. Cruised around, then I took the 1/2 mile drive to the mailbox. Thought I'd try it out in the fields...

Front hit a high rock, back fell in a hole. Flipped me 5' down the hill and I rolled another 10'. Ran back up the hill to right the mower.

I had in my mind that the lawn tractors would be more stable than my 1025. Not true. I'm looking hard at the new 2 series for the larger tire size. Those smaller tires on the D130 found a hole I hadn't had a problem with.

Could have been much worse, and I deserved what I got. I got too cocky and thought I knew too much to get in trouble.

Damage so far:

Grille cracked.
Left front light bulb broken
Clips holding light on hood broken
Clips on grill holding light broken
fuel pump broken and replaced ($25)

If my back didn't hurt so much my ankle would be killing me. I'm no spring chicken, just a dummy sometimes.

Replaced the fuel pump and after some rough running seems to have tamed down.

I now have 15 minutes of ride time. And Momma was soooo impressed. Deserved that too.

·
Registered
21,531 Posts
Glad you are mostly OK - and glad that you shared your story. I proves that it can happen anytime at anyplace regardless of the machine.

That is the main reason I upgraded from my 2210 (predecessor to the 1-series) to my present 2520 - tire size. Makes a huge difference on hillsides both on the lawn and in the woods.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Glad you are OK...thanks for posting....gives us all something to think about. Safety review....

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
Glad you're OK. Did you get momma to teach you how to drive the D130? :hide2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Glad it was no more than some bruises and I am sure your pride. Learn and grow is what I say all the time. Hope mama went easy on you :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Holly cow glad to hear your ok. Guess you just never know:gaah:

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Must have happened pretty fast? If that was my wife's new tractor, after I fixed it I would never be allowed to drive it again..... Glad you are okay, even small machines can do a lot of damage to your body or worse, you are lucky.. Never mind how fast wives can go from are you okay to 100MPH or visa versa! Lesson learned I would expect.... I learn something new every day I believe...... Take care.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Glad you bare OK It doesn't take long. My wife rolled a 110 over backwards long ago. Be Safe :good2:

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Glad you're OK too. Tractors can be fixed/replaced, your life cannot. Be careful. (Your pride ... well that will eventually heal too).

Interesting that the D series lawn tractors are "easier" to flip, yet they have no ROPS. So is that a good thing or bad?

Sometimes I hate my ROPS, but I always use it when off level ground and buckle up whenever it is up.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts