Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and a new tractor owner. I have a 3038E with the D160 loader. The joystick controller for the loader is very sensitive. The bucket will raise/lower/curl too fast, even with gentle touch. Is there an adjustment on the control for this, or is it just a case of new operator error?

All comments welcome

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
The loader controls will go as slow as you want them to - just a light touch goes a long way. You don't have to push/pull the controls all the way until they stop.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Some SCVs are definitely more sensitive to movement than others. It can take time to develop the right touch to feather the controls. You can also try reducing the engine RPM. That will keep the pressure but slow down the flow making the controls less jerky.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The loader controls will go as slow as you want them to - just a light touch goes a long way. You don't have to push/pull the controls all the way until they stop.
Yabut you have to work so slow and meticulous that it's impossible to get anything done.

It truly is way too sensitive. I have learned to run it that way instead of trying to feather it. I just bump it to where I want it. Took me a while to get used to it. I have been in the forklift industry for almost 20 years and hydraulics shouldn't be this way. If a forklift was like the D160, product damage would put everyone out of business.

I've considered putting a flow control valve on it.

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
Yabut you have to work so slow and meticulous that it's impossible to get anything done.

It truly is way too sensitive. I have learned to run it that way instead of trying to feather it. I just bump it to where I want it. Took me a while to get used to it. I have been in the forklift industry for almost 20 years and hydraulics shouldn't be this way. If a forklift was like the D160, product damage would put everyone out of business.

OK - I didn't think it would be that much different than my own 2520. I know with mine I can feather it easily.

·
Registered
217 Posts
OK - I didn't think it would be that much different than my own 2520. I know with mine I can feather it easily.
I have the 3025E with the D160 and its difficult to feather. If you aren't holding your mouth just right and praying to Jesus at the same time, that thing jerks like a mother.

·
Registered
21,468 Posts
I have the 3025E with the D160 and its difficult to feather. If you aren't holding your mouth just right and praying to Jesus at the same time, that thing jerks like a mother.
That's a shame and must be hard to work with.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The tilt is the worst. The actual lift is workable. What really sucks is if I have the forks on it and need to use finesse. I turn the engine speed down or I'll dump something right now.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The tilt is the worst. The actual lift is workable. What really sucks is if I have the forks on it and need to use finesse. I turn the engine speed down or I'll dump something right now.
I think it's because the 3e joystick is so short.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think it's because the 3e joystick is so short.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
I think you are right. I put the WR Long handle on (which incidentally makes the joystick longer) and it feels so different than before.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I am new to this forum and a new tractor owner. I have a 3038E with the D160 loader. The joystick controller for the loader is very sensitive. The bucket will raise/lower/curl too fast, even with gentle touch. Is there an adjustment on the control for this, or is it just a case of new operator error?

All comments welcome
You can either feather the joystick or you can lower the RPM's of the tractor to slow the hydraulic pump. I have gotten used to it and just feather the joystick but if you are new then maybe run at lower engine RPM's until you get used to it. I know a lot of people will run their tractor at well less than max RPM's. It doesn't hurt anything (unless you are using the rear PTO that requires a PTO speed of 540 RPM ) you just work slower. This loader is pretty fast compared to the other two tractors I have had.

·
Registered
184 Posts

did you ever put a flow control valve that you spoke of?
I have a 1026r and have no problem with loader control with the bucket on but OMG with the forks I feel like my last 30 years on a fork lift has taught me nothing !!!
thanks for your post !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts