Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new(20 hrs)D170. The cruise it hard to set. I press on the pedal raise the handle then take foot off the pedal while holding the handle up. What happens is the mower slows down then cruise works. I have to go faster than I want hoping when cruise is set it slows down to the speed it want. Is there a trick or something I'm doing wrong? This is my first mower with cruise.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
That's pretty much how my 2 work.I get the speed I want go slightly faster,set it and it's where I want it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
For the life of me I dont understand why they did the CC thing. People think it's a system like on their car. It's not.. It's notches on a cam. It is what it is.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
For the life of me I dont understand why they did the CC thing. People think it's a system like on their car. It's not.. It's notches on a cam. It is what it is.

It's just a ploy at the time to one up the other guy.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

It is what it is. And what it is isn't that good. lol

Tried the cruise on my 540 today again. It does slow down a little bit when I engage it. It's basically a forward travel pedal lock. If the tractor started up a steep hill I'm sure that the speed would slow down. It's kind of like the throttle lock on the American bikes. You aren't supposed to make it tight enough to hold the throttle open (without a hand on the grip) but it can be used for that. However if you hit something while using it the manufacturer told you not to do it. So it's not H-D's problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts