Green Tractor Talk banner

Damaged Titan Pallet Forks...

12K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  Poppi 
#1 ·
Titan had some Flash Day deals going on a week or so ago so decided to get a set of forks for my 1025R while they were on sale. Took 8 days to arrive and after unbanding the skid, I noticed the top "headache bar" was bent a good bit. The odd thing is this top bar was up against the forks when laying flat on the skid so it was protected from any external impacts. This had to be visible when they were being put on the skid for shipping and not caused in transit. How in the world does someone not notice this or, just not care and ship them out anyway?? From the amount they are bent, it must have taken a pretty good hit. Paint was all flaking off the bottom of the bar too.

I rejected them so the freight driver loaded them back up to return. Called Titan and they are shipping another set out. This was my first purchase from Titan so not a great first experience. Maybe just my luck though.

See less See more
#2 ·
just not care and ship them out anyway??
Key words right there. I've read here a few stories where Titan would rather give you a small credit if you keep their damaged products and tweak/fix them to your liking. They're a seller, not a manufacturer, and I'm sure have no way of repairing some of the things they receive damaged from China. They'd rather give a little credit back and get rid of damaged items, then have to hang onto and get them fixed themselves.

#21 ·
Yep, they may have left the factory in china like that. I think many would just keep them and repair the damage themselves and titan knows that. We should thank Eric for letting everyone know and for returning them.

#3 ·
I've had stuff like that. I would have probably called Titan and offered to have them refund me some money vs. the expense of returning and shipping out another set. Then I would have taken my bottle jack, placed it under the bent strap and pushed it back into position. Good as new.

I had a Ford Jubilee fuel tank that I ordered once that came with a ding in it. I called the supplier, who was more than happy to send me a new one, and said I would keep this one at a discounted price. The original tank was $250, they refunded me $100. I was happy and they were happy. :)

#4 ·
I've had stuff like that. I would have probably called Titan and offered to have them refund me some money vs. the expense of returning and shipping out another set. Then I would have taken my bottle jack, placed it under the bent strap and pushed it back into position. Good as new.

I had a Ford Jubilee fuel tank that I ordered once that came with a ding in it. I called the supplier, who was more than happy to send me a new one, and said I would keep this one at a discounted price. The original tank was $250, they refunded me $100. I was happy and they were happy. :)
I was thinking about doing this but had to make a decision on the spot since the truck was still there and I had not signed for them yet. In hind sight, that might have been the better thing to do but then run the risk that they decide to blame it on the shipping company and then it all turns into a mess. Good idea about using the bottle jack.... that would have taken care of it for sure!

Reactions: greenharley and tj1
#5 ·
First set I bought had the mounts welded in the wrong place.
I could have kept them, and had some money taken off, but cutting off the bracket and re-welding it was more work than they wanted to compensate me for, so I had them swap it out. I actually saved a bit on the second set for the trouble, and it only cost me about a weeks time waiting on the new ones.

#8 ·
Amazon has done the same thing. I bought a 4 pack of LED shop lights. One of the lights had a corner of the reflector broken. It still worked. Just cosmetic. I contacted support (not easy) and they said to send them back. Problem was I had already hung the other three. It was the last one. I said you sell the lights as a single or a 4 pack. They refunded me the price of ordering a single additional light and told me to keep the bad one. I hung it and moved forward with life. They were not expensive. Maybe $20. Saved return hassle and everyone is happy.

Of course it depends on what it is and if the damage is cosmetic, structural and if you have the ability, desire or need to repair it. Something like, this I would have asked about a discount. That said it also sounds like the delivery guy was maybe waiting as he took it with when he refused shipment. That might make it a little harder to do the negotiations as he probably wants to get going.

Reactions: greenharley and tj1
#9 ·
Titan is a cut-rate importer/manufacturer. With the decreased price, the first casualty is usually quality control. Buying from Titan is going to be a little more of a gamble than most American mfgrs but the item is going to be a LOT cheaper. If you win, you win big. If you lose...well....Titan generally has pretty good customer service and eventually you are likely to end up getting a good product at a really good price.

Damage in shipping....well, China doesn't have a monopoly on careless shippers. Plenty of those on this side of the Pacific.

#10 ·
So, here’s a curveball for a tractor forum... a while back, I bought some new desks. I really like adjustable height and these new standing desks seemed like the cure for my ADHD and periodic desire to do electronics work while standing vs taxes while sitting. I found reasonable prices from fully.com. I got the desk frame and the bamboo desktop. When the desk top came, the box had been damaged and there was a ding in the desktop. I called the company expecting a fight. Customer service apologized, had me email a picture in (without hanging up) and immediately overnighted me a new desktop. Then, they said “our Bamboo desk is designed specifically to be renewable, the waste in shipping it back would be counter to our principals, so please keep, gift, or donate the marred desktop, we just ask that you do not throw it in the garbage”

I was floored by finding a company that actually stuck to its core principals while exhibiting great customer service. Now, we all know that the cost of return shipping is also a factor, and that’s fine, I appreciate the message. Of course, they also win in the long run b/c I was so impressed with their service that I ended up buying another desk frame when I wanted a desk to mostly beat on.

maybe that was the strategy all along, but either way, I’m happy AND love doing business with them as a result.
I know it’s not a tractor, but, I was impressed.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt
#11 ·
I have ordered a few things from Titan\Pallet forks .... no complaints here. I received the 48" fork kit, hitch and headache bar, pretty much the same delivery picture, cept mine looked fine, a week ago. Nice product, heavy as hell... but if it was me, I'd have straightened the rack out, easy as pie. Just seems to me I feel these companies work on a slim profit line, shipping is not cheap for them, and Titan ships everything to us for free! It's a tool, going to get used, dinged up and worn to some degree.... it's not a show car paint job. I also ordered the rear quick hitch, it came bare, no box, just a shipping label stuck to it, was missing one of the lower pins, had a few scratches ... it was a great price compared to other options out there.. I called, they sent me 2 pins in a few days... I'm a pretty happy camper. Don't be afraid to order from this company, top notch in my book. The fact is, we should rejoice, they stand behind their product and service us more than fairly.

One more point, these shipping companies, are not careful with their loads, I ship a fair amount in and out of my shop.. what you got there, was most likely damaged while being shipped to you...

#14 ·
I have ordered a few things from Titan\Pallet forks .... no complaints here. I received the 48" fork kit, hitch and headache bar, pretty much the same delivery picture, cept mine looked fine, a week ago. Nice product, heavy as hell... but if it was me, I'd have straightened the rack out, easy as pie. Just seems to me I feel these companies work on a slim profit line, shipping is not cheap for them, and Titan ships everything to us for free! It's a tool, going to get used, dinged up and worn to some degree.... it's not a show car paint job. I also ordered the rear quick hitch, it came bare, no box, just a shipping label stuck to it, was missing one of the lower pins, had a few scratches ... it was a great price compared to other options out there.. I called, they sent me 2 pins in a few days... I'm a pretty happy camper. Don't be afraid to order from this company, top notch in my book. The fact is, we should rejoice, they stand behind their product and service us more than fairly.

One more point, these shipping companies, are not careful with their loads, I ship a fair amount in and out of my shop.. what you got there, was most likely damaged while being shipped to you...
I've been a Titan customer too, and likewise have no complaints. All the stuff that I have ordered has been completely satisfactory for me, and given the price differences, a huge winner. I was mindful of the gamble I was taking, but it worked out well and I saved a lot of $$$.

OTOH, the stuff I have ordered from them has been pretty simple, non-mechanical stuff with no motors or other mechanisms...things like pallet forks, drawbars, hitches, ballast box, etc. If I was ever to buy something mechanical with hydraulics and other moving parts, I would be much more likely to buy from a more reputable US company.

#12 ·
I had a very similar experience with Titan. They shipped me a Quick-Tach 3 point hitch adaptor that looked like it had been to hell and back 3 times. Packaging was nearly non-existent. I phoned them and they had it picked it up the next day and sent me a new replacement no questions asked. They must go through type of thing this all the time. It's obvious that quality control is not their thing, but they did have good customer service so, I won't write them off just yet....

Sincerely

#13 ·
I just received a trailer hitch adapter for the front bucket from .. looks very nice, well built, coated and well boxed .. no complaints here. Lets see how my Dexpanded Backhoe Storage Dolly looks like when I get home... it's coming Fed Ex..

Reactions: greenharley
#15 ·
My replacement forks arrived today. Titan customer service was really good and apologized for the damage with the first set. I ordered a different item number since the ones I wanted originally were now on sale for a few dollars more than the damaged set. These came in 2 days rather than the 8 days the first set took. Also... these were not on a skid and came via regular FedEx Ground, not FedEx Freight. Although these have a ton of shipping stickers all over them (12 total), they are in good shape with the expected scuffs and scratches that seem the norm when trying to ship something this heavy and unwieldy. The paint color does not match the new John Deere green but like some others, that doesn’t really bother me. Hard to see in the picture but looks to be more of an Oliver green than a John Deere green but close enough. Seem to be very well built and for my needs, I am certain they will be more than adequate.

Shout out to for Titan customer service handling the issue but from what I am reading, they seem to get a lot of practice!

#16 ·
Great job in checking and rejecting at delivery. It’s allot easier than accepting sand then trying to get the bent nes picked up and the good ones delivered.

LTL freight is tough on stuff. We shipped north of $20M a year with FedEx and dumped them a few years ago. They damaged more than any other carrier and getting them to pay a claim was a nightmare.

#19 ·
We don't ship anywhere near that much but freight is the biggest headache. Out of the companies we use LTL, only Estes has kept any kind of customer service and even they blow it on occasion. Shipping to the Eastern Shore of Va. is a problem. If it's hazmat, it can't go through the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel and has to go up and through their Baltimore terminal. Even their sales rep says that terminal is a mess. So an item that should have been delivered on a Thursday might not go until the following Tuesday because the terminal decided there wasn't enough on the truck to justify the trip. I get it but they could contact us so we can contact our customer but nooooo, make a phone call- uhh uh. Can't do it, that would involve pushing some buttons- way too much work.

The other freight lines are worse.

Treefarmer

#17 ·
that looks great, nice heavy duty mount, I got the same one..

Reactions: PJR832
#18 ·
My artillian forks look like that but I did it! Doesn't hurt anything and to be honest I don't even notice half the time. I would be a little hacked though if they had shown up looking that. My guess is your new Titan forks will look like that soon enough if you use them a lot.

Reactions: PJR832
#20 ·
Titan had some Flash Day deals going on a week or so ago so decided to get a set of forks for my 1025R while they were on sale. Took 8 days to arrive and after unbanding the skid, I noticed the top "headache bar" was bent a good bit. The odd thing is this top bar was up against the forks when laying flat on the skid so it was protected from any external impacts. This had to be visible when they were being put on the skid for shipping and not caused in transit. How in the world does someone not notice this or, just not care and ship them out anyway?? From the amount they are bent, it must have taken a pretty good hit. Paint was all flaking off the bottom of the bar too.

I rejected them so the freight driver loaded them back up to return. Called Titan and they are shipping another set out. This was my first purchase from Titan so not a great first experience. Maybe just my luck though.

View attachment 727031

View attachment 727029
FedEx Freight? They're fast but clumsy. This was likely shipping / handling / freight damage. We use them for about 50% of our outbound freight but they're responsible for nearly 100% of the damage claims.

Reactions: mark02tj and PJR832
#22 ·
I’ve had good luck with fedex freight shipping large fragile items. 8’ glass tubes...usually. Even regular ups and fedex would occasionally have a substitute driver that would literally toss smaller boxes with fragile glass stickers all over them onto the dock. The funniest was silicon carbide coated graphite. They couldn’t be shipped in a marked commercial vehicle so some Schmoe in a minivan would play currier, slamming the back door would push the boxes into the front seats to create enough room. The cost of each was probably in the range of a 3 of 4 series well equipped, the van could fit multiple. The owner hired them so I have no idea how many claims there were.

Reactions: mark02tj and rtgt
#23 ·
The odd thing is this top bar was up against the forks when laying flat on the skid so it was protected from any external impacts. This had to be visible when they were being put on the skid for shipping and not caused in transit. How in the world does someone not notice this or, just not care and ship them out anyway??
Titan would rather give you a small credit if you keep their damaged products and tweak/fix them to your liking. They're a seller, not a manufacturer, and I'm sure have no way of repairing some of the things they receive damaged from China.
You could have been the 2nd or 3rd purchaser to receive that frame.

Eventually they will find someone that will keep it for a couple bucks off.

#27 ·
Picked up a like set of Titan forks on a flash sale about 6 weeks ago. They arrived from FedEx in 2 days time. No wrapping or packaging of any sort was in place, no pallet. Best if all, no damage or issues to report with the forks.

I did however strike up a convo with the delivery guy, he stated my items were the last delivery of his route and that the loose goods (rack and forks) had destroyed a handful of packages that day given their weight and lack of restraint. I got lucky - clearly others did not.

Reactions: jdforever
#38 ·
That’s his own fault for not securing his load

Reactions: greenharley
#28 ·
That's pretty ridiculous ... the driver blaming the forks for damaging other boxes ... think about it..

#30 ·
Man I must have just been luckier than a 2 peckered billy goat with my Titan stuff. I got their forks, Quick Hitch, Clamp on Debris Forks, & Wheels for a landscape rake. Saved a TON of money, fast delivery, no damage during shipping & I’ve used the snot out of everything but the wheels on the landscape rake with no issues what so ever. I know they’re imports but my savings on these items is significant. As long as they are paying for the return shipping on the items that are damaged during shipping I don’t see an issue other than the inconvenience of having to deal with it. To me it was worth the risk. My funds are limited.

#35 ·
Looks good! Looks just like my delivery....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.