Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a set of forks from Titan. The welds looked like amateur night at the local high school. They looked to be stick welded, and there was one spot where someone switched rods apparently, as the bead there was significantly different. There was massive undercut on most of the welds!
The forks themselves didn't fit all that well, and the trip lever on top was cheesy and sloppy.

Titan customer service was top notch, and they paid for a return pickup from my driveway. I was fully refunded. I did buy them from Amazon, so that may have made things different. I started the return through Amazon, and completed it through Titan.

I then bought a set of Artillians and have been nothing but pleased with them in every way. Yes, they cost more. But they are made here in US of A. And that matters.

·
Registered
59 Posts
doesn't look bad to me, just got a lot of bite into the metal. If I had welded it, I would have just run a bead over the bite for looks. When welding, all to often, I see welds on the surface.... thats the weld you have to worry about. I just checked out my Titan forks, they look fine ... and again .... the locks look fine as well... those forks fit great, tight, like they are supposed to be.Once we move the forks where we want them, they aren't moving.. until we move them to another location

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My Titan fork frame looks like that. Welding elegance isn't part of the ethos, apparently. OTOH, it got quite a workout last summer moving trees, stumps, brush, trailers...lots of stuff at the edge of the FEL's capacity. I used it a lot with one fork to lever stumps and roots out of the ground. The thing didn't fail, didn't bend, no cracks. At about 1/3rd the price of an Artillian frame and 42" forks + shipping, I'm pretty satisfied with that purchase.

·
Registered
256 Posts
IMG_5112.jpg

I did the double fork stump digging mode today. Worked about a dozen cedar & oak stumps out of the ground. With close to 350 lbs of weight on the QH I was still working the ass end of the 1025r off the ground at times. I hammered these Titan forks hard digging those stumps up cutting them no slack. This worked better than I thought. Biggest stump I dug out was close to 5 or 6 “ dia and took about 30 minutes get up and the fastest was about a 2” dia and I was able to work it out in less than 10 minutes. Then I filled holes and used the 6’ rake for the first time. Man that things sweet too. It was nice to be able to get some stuff done with all the rain we’ve had. It was 65 & mostly sunny today.

I’ve got a bunch more that I’ve got to dig up and some of them are pretty big. I may have to rent a small track hoe for them but today the Titan Forks did a really good job.

No issues or failures to report on my Titan forks used for stump digging. I will post if and when they fail. I plan to keep working the snot out of ‘em. If anyone can break ‘em it will be me

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
No need for a flag, just sharing reality. Couple of neg reviews that, to me, seems pretty petty and weak. Here's the bottom line, I just want a good product at a fair price. I always try to read lots of reviews before I purchase. I pay close attention to the neg. review to determine if it's really warranted, more often than not.. it's not. I try to buy American, but sometimes it just doesn't add up. Bottom line.. these forks are a really good product at a really good price.

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Supporting your own country and its economic welfare doesn't add up?

I wore a uniform and served to defend (and support) this country. We carried and honored a symbol of the country to remind us of it and why we were there. It makes me proud to see this same symbol on as many products as possible. It reminds me that my time was worth it.

View attachment 728190

Regardless of how you value the occupation, I prefer my fellow countrymen and women have the opportunity of those vocations, and that they be paid and treated well.

Until next time when someone posts a thread, surprised that the cheap chinese genuine imitation free shipping product arrived in poor or unusable condition. Then the consolation committee will assemble to sing the merits of how little they paid and console the buyer with the great service they can expect getting the replacement part.

I and others will still be here, shaking our heads in dismay and laughing at the same time.
??? I enlisted when I was 17 YO, in 1970.... for I am sure the same reasons as you and many others, Thank You for your service. I have no regrets of my actions then ... nor do I have any regrets for my actions today... I'll leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yeah, that guy. Sorry I am not up on my chinese spelling.

One out of two isn't bad. You are getting a cheap price.
Quality is a valid concern. I looked at a lot of reviews before buying and decided to take a chance. Whatever the absolute quality of these Titan forks, the quality relative to my needs is completely adequate and that appears to be true for the vast majority of their users. As near as I can tell, and in my experience, the quality and reliability of these forks is good. My only real complaint is that the color isn’t quite John Deere green.

·
Administrator
20,481 Posts
Ok, Ok, Ok... We've beaten the Chinese vs American thing beyond death here. We all know where everyone stands and I appreciate that. But please let's stop beating this dead horse. It's dead. Been dead for years. There absolutely no need to continue on and on and on about it. Let's keep the thread on topic please.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine didn’t even come on a pallet or boxed, I went with their made in US forks. All three pieces shipped individually.

·
Registered
643 Posts
LoL ^

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yup I'll never be the same grandpa I used to be. I'm going to have to explain to my grandkids, as they sit on my lap, that I had a hand in killing Eeyore. ??

61 - 79 of 79 Posts