Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching for some time for a nice digital clock for my dash. There's not much room on the dash and I didn't want something that would be difficult to mount. It also needs to be water and dust proof.

When you shop for something on Amazon and then don't buy that something, it seems that Amazon keeps putting additional choices in front of you until you do buy it. This was one of those. I'm pretty sure they didn't have the one I bought the first few times I looked. [LINK]

The clock that I picked is for motorcycles and appears to be nicely sealed. There is a tough membrane over the programming switches to keep the elements out. It is small enough that finding a place for it was not a challenge. And mounting it was very simple. A round piece of double sided tape, the size of the clock, was included. You can choose to display just the time or alternate between the time and date.

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

Like any digital display, the glare will make it hard to read when the sun is just right. I just shade it with my hand when this happens. I've only had it a couple of weeks, but it seems to keep accurate time. I don't know yet if the calendar function is "smart", meaning that it knows how many days are in each month so that I don't have to.

Keane

·
Registered
533 Posts
I put a digital clock on last year, it lasted quite a while, but its not weatherproof and is currently blank. Good idea. I'm going to look into one of those. Got to be in for dinner on time.........

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
A few years ago I installed a similar motorcycle-style clock albeit with an analog movement. It's very simple and consists of a waterproof watch movement pressed into a rubber mount which is secured with double-sided tape. It is plenty secure and the watch pops out easily to change the time and battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just use the clock in my radio in the cab,.....:yahoo: :hide2:

Jeff

·
Old Pa-pa
11,419 Posts

Jeff
Yup, same here.

Does yours have the USB port where you can stick in a flash drive and playback your favorites?

Nothing like tractoring around in the AC cooled cab listening to classic hard rock and knowing what time it is. :thumbup1gif: :lol: :hide:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yup, same here.

Does yours have the USB port where you can stick in a flash drive and playback your favorites?

Nothing like tractoring around in the AC cooled cab listening to classic hard rock and knowing what time it is. :thumbup1gif: :lol: :hide:
Nothing like it, especially in the south with 75% humidity and 90+ degree temps. Deere cabs are the best!

Yes mine has the front USB for MP3/4 and iPod control. Everyone bags on the factory Jensen radio. I have no problem with it, other than it was over priced. The speakers could be better however. I added Sirius to mine too.

Jeff

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just use the clock on my 1025R heads-up display:lol:
But seriously, for us cab-disadvantaged folk, what about mounting a clock over on the right fender where you have 12V so you could have it illuminate at night? (yes I know, ya still need onboard battery to keep time when shut down).
Wait - did I just recommend mounting something somewhere OTHER THAN THE DASH?? (FWD indicator):shhh:
Then there's Weathertechs cup-holder phone mounts but I know I shouldnt text and till -and dont we get on the tractor to leave connectivity behind "sorry, cant hear ya over the tractor:laugh:"

·
Registered
8,197 Posts

Jeff
Kind of what I was thinking....

Plus my dash camera monitors the time and speed

now I just need an optional digital clock displayed in my back up monitor, so I know what time it is behind me..........:laugh::lol:

:hide:

·
Registered
11,405 Posts
I use the one on my right arm.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
I go to Wally World buy the cheapest waterproof watch , take the wristband off, use Velcro tape. .

Usually last 2-3 yrs , sometimes they are digital sometime analog. The one on the dash now is a night glow .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts