Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I used my tractor, I was running my tiller, The digits on the display started disappearing. I'm sure I'll have to take it to the dealer for this but was wondering how common this problem was? Can the dealer program a new cluster with my current hours?
James

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Tractor Year & Model?

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,145 Posts
Yes, the new dash can be programmaed to add the hours, after all, Deere can't have everyone starting off at 0 hrs every time a dash repair or "flash" needs to happen....it's an integral part of maintaining the machine during its entire life.

On a different but similar topic, when I changed my speedometer on my Harley to an upgraded option which Harley sold through their accessories department, which integrated the tachometer into the speedometer, the Harley dealer was supposed to send the old and new "speedometers" back to the factory and have the existing mileage input into the new unit. The dealer didn't bother and my motorcycle went from 3,600 ish miles back to 0 miles with the new speedometer and remained that way permanently.

I was told that the "factory" didn't want the ability to reset the mileage within the dealerships service offerings to avoid potential fraud situations. Perhaps Deere does the same with the digital dashes that accumulate and display machine hours. If the ability to change the hour meter did exist within the dealership, it could be tempting for unscroupolus individuals to "reset" hours to lower hours on trade in machines or bring a machine back under the warranty coverage period when perhaps it was already beyond it.

Can you be more specific about the "digits disappearing"? Did they fade away or were parts of the numbers no longer visible or did the dash area where the hours and digital RPM is displayed just not show anything at times when you were running the PTO?

The area where the hour meter is normally displayed cycles and shows the PTO RPM when running it and then back to the hours being displayed and in between, there are brief times when nothing is displayed. Is this what you mean by the "digits disappearing"?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The area where the hour meter is normally displayed cycles and shows the PTO RPM when running it and then back to the hours being displayed and in between, there are brief times when nothing is displayed.
Hey Sulley, just wanted to say maybe the older 1 series tractors cycled the display between hours and PTO RPM but my 1025R (same year as the OP's) does not do this. When the PTO is engaged my digital display constantly displays PTO speed and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That is the same as my 2012 vintage 1026R. I think what he meant by cycling is that the display has two states of information depending on the PTO command either displaying PTO RPM when the PTO is commanded on or displaying Hours when the PTO is commanded off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm familiar with the display changing from hours to PTO speeds, It's almost at 300 hours. What happened was half the middle number went out then the whole number. The next time I started it the first number was gone and now it only has the last number and the decimal number. Just asked to see if this was common or I'm just lucky.
James

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I believe you are just lucky, I have never seen the issue posted on either this forum or the My Tractor Forum. The issue might be posted on some Garden Tractor Forums, but they are not for the One Series. As you are under warranty, I would just let the dealer handle the issue when it is convenient for you unless you will run out of the warranty period, I don't know what the warranty is on the 2020 models as JD has had a few Warranty Programs over the years. Good luck and keep us posted when the problem is fixed.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,145 Posts
I would get in touch with the dealer soon as the 2020 model machine has the 2 year "full warranty" and the 6 year power train warranty and the dash is certainly not part of the power train warranty coverage. Depending upon your delivery date, the end of the 2 year "full warranty" period could be close...........and it looks like the dash is a pricey part......hopefully you can still get it repaired under warranty.

If you are near your delivery date and still covered under the "full warranty", this dash issue might make the PowerGuard extended warranty offerings something to consider.........provide up to 4 more years of full warranty coverage including the transportation of the machine to and from the dealer.........

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the full warranty is only two years mine is over, I got the tractor in April. Might have to look into trading for a 2025! Finally got a picture for y’all. It was at 298. Now I just passed 300.
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Tints and shades Gas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts