Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This project has kept me pretty busy over the last year or so as I'm involved with support in the field. Not sure you'll be able to link to this article about Ford's new 2015 F150. This LT will set the stage for all competitors going forward. ~ 700# lighter than it's predecessor due to a 100% Military Grade Aluminum body and Rugged, High Strength Steel Frame.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Ford%20Begins%20Building%20All-New%20F-150.aspx

·
Registered
22,746 Posts
I've been an F series fan all my life - have always owned one. The new 2015 F series is truly a revolution in the pick-up industry and glad to see Ford paving the way.

Unfortunately I will have to just stay with my '09 FX4 Super Cab w/lux package which I just love. I kind of knew when I bought it that it would likely be my last new F-150. Can't wait to see some of the new ones in person.

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Having been around this vehicle at national shows and in the field I can honestly say that it has the best build quality, fit, finish and paint I've ever seen on a truck. The frame is second to none in terms of strength and rigidity and of course the new drive trains are incredible. It's amazing that the new Eco-Boost engines can deliver up to 120 HP per liter.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Thanks for all the links.

I have only owned Ford trucks. I bought all new trucks (1973, 1989, 2000, and 2011). When I bought the 2011, it was the first year for the Ecoboost in Ford trucks. It is a great engine so far with no problems and with 55k miles on it. Average lifetime mileage is 18 MPG.

I am sure the 2015 is going to be a great truck, too, but it is the wife's turn for her new vehicle. She is a Ford fan, too.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sources also claim that the new tailgates on them will be heated, so as not to incur frostbite on the hands of those who have to push them during an onroad breakdown in winter situations...:lol:

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Sources also claim that the new tailgates on them will be heated, so as not to incur frostbite on the hands of those who have to push them during an onroad breakdown in winter situations...:lol:
Mods, can we ban this guy? :tongue:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Should the Aluminum body some day extend to the F-250-350 line and a Cummins gets installed, I'll be back driving a Ford.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
There you go Gizmo2, your prayers have been answered. :lol:
Have you seen the cost of a new 1/2 ton pickup? WOW! Gonna wait to see how I make out with the frame install on the Tundra first. I really do not want to buy another truck right now.

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Have you seen the cost of a new 1/2 ton pickup? WOW! Gonna wait to see how I make out with the frame install on the Tundra first. I really do not want to buy another truck right now.
If you do decide to look at a new Ford let me know and we'll get you the "Good Guy" price!

·
Registered
11,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
This project has kept me pretty busy over the last year or so as I'm involved with support in the field. Not sure you'll be able to link to this article about Ford's new 2015 F150. This LT will set the stage for all competitors going forward. ~ 700# lighter than it's predecessor due to a 100% Military Grade Aluminum body and Rugged, High Strength Steel Frame.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Ford%20Begins%20Building%20All-New%20F-150.aspx
thanks for that info , sending the link to my neighbor , he has bought a New F150 every 2 yrs for the past 44 yrs all with the least 125,000 most close to or just over 200,000 miles.
He told me 2 yrs ago this was his last new truck for work, well he is still working age 74 , not sure what he going to do this year ?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
My fingers are crossed for the aluminum super duties!!!

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
My fingers are crossed for the aluminum super duties!!!
I just wish they would bring back the manual transmission Super Duty!

I get why it went away, low sales, special orders, engineering challenges with the new engines being positioned where they are...that doesn't stop an old stick in the mud from wistfully remembering the good ole days though! :laugh:

Superglide, can you tell us any more about how you were involved with the new F-150? Engineering, test driving, prototype building...sounds like a fun job!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts