Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo...while I was shuffling around all of my new toys in the basement, I managed to inadvertently install the FEL with the SB PTO bracket still in place. As a resut of my absent mindedness, I managed to break one of the flanges that bolts the quick park bar to the FEL. I have attached pictures of both sides of the FEL for reference. Does anyone know if this flange ever sees significant loads? Should I simply try to weld the peice back into place or spring for the $218 to replace the mast on the FEL? Any advice would be welcome.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,727 Posts
I thought the latest generation of stands bolted to the inside of the masts?

·
Administrator
20,727 Posts
I would get the new stand then. No need for a new mast. :good2:

·
Administrator
18,002 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
The problem with welding cast iron is it cools too quick and cracks. It's best to heat with map gas and then weld. Once the welding is done immediately hit it with map gas again to keep it somewhat hot and let it cool down as slowly as possible.

Jim

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes the 3rd generation parking stand mounts to the boom cyl. pivot pin on the mast. I think there is only a 1yr warranty on the loader itself unlike the tractor and mower.
Part#'s needed for 3rd gen stand installation.
qty.1-AW36198- stand
4-24M7406- washers
2-14M7291- flange nuts
2-AW33495- pins

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Check with your dealer, there is a program to replace the stand with the new style stand free of charge if it breaks and you are in the proper serial number range. . As mentioned, the new stand does not use the flange that is broken.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Appears you are in good hands m21knight and soon to be the proud owner of a new stand. How you got there is immaterial.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
The problem with welding cast iron is it cools too quick and cracks. It's best to heat with map gas and then weld. Once the welding is done immediately hit it with map gas again to keep it somewhat hot and let it cool down as slowly as possible.

Jim
Back in the day we would wrap the part in asbestos after the weld. Nice post.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That was back when asbestos was our friend. We used to where asbestos gloves for handling hot items. I remember all the fibers floating in the air which shed off of them.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
That was back when asbestos was our friend. We used to where asbestos gloves for handling hot items. I remember all the fibers floating in the air which shed off of them.
Nowadays....YIKES!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replacement Coverage

Have any of you guys heard of others that successfully got the dealership to upgrade the parking stand at no charge? It's pretty clear that the loader is no longer under warranty, so I'm kinda hosed if they don't want to play ball.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Your break looks pretty close to others that have had them replaced. Not sure the replaced units were all under warranty. The one thing you have going for you is JD knows about the need for replacement and has done it at no cost to the owners.

·
Administrator
20,727 Posts
As much as I hate to agree with Gizmo2, he's right. (For once.) This is a known issue with a known fix. You should be good to go.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Parking Stand Upgrade...Yahoo!

Swung by the dealership during my lunch break and the sales person placed a conversion kit on order for me at no charge. :good2: Thanks for all of the great advice guys! :drinks:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did the exact same thing with in a half hour when my 1026 came. Dealer took care of it as well.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
My dealer swapped mine before it broke. He said it never felt right leaving the broken parts installed on others. Said I was a lucky one...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts