Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like I’ve got a 2025 coming my way. With loader, bucket, forks, 60 inch MM, and backhoe. That comes to 28k, does that sound right? I’m financing for 60 months at 0%.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Congrats!
Just be careful on the forks...make sure they are the light ones!

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
Congrats, too many things to list that can be done with this tractor.
Like Kenny said, make sure you are getting the AP10 pallet forks, or another lightweight brand.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Terrible choice! You will regret it! [shakes fist] :laugh:

In all seriousness, great choice! I've said it before, the 2025R is probably the best all around small compact tractor on the market. Enjoy!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats, too many things to list that can be done with this tractor.
Like Kenny said, make sure you are getting the AP10 pallet forks, or another lightweight brand.
It says AP10F on my order sheet, so I guess I’m good.

Terrible choice! You will regret it! [shakes fist] :laugh:

In all seriousness, great choice! I've said it before, the 2025R is probably the best all around small compact tractor on the market. Enjoy!
I think this tractor makes the most sense for me. I want something to last my lifetime and so I didn’t want the tier 4 nonsense. Plus it seems to be a lot of tractor for the money. I’m really excited to get it!

I just realized I don’t own a Diesel fuel can. Where do you get off-road diesel fuel anyway? Do most fuel stations that carry the on road stuff also carry off? Tractor is due to be delivered late this week or early next. I’ll be putting it straight to work mowing and cleaning up storm debris. I bet I’ll burn through whatever fuel they put in pretty quick. Do they come full like buying a car?

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
It says AP10F on my order sheet, so I guess I’m good.

I think this tractor makes the most sense for me. I want something to last my lifetime and so I didn’t want the tier 4 nonsense. Plus it seems to be a lot of tractor for the money. I’m really excited to get it!

I just realized I don’t own a Diesel fuel can. Where do you get off-road diesel fuel anyway? Do most fuel stations that carry the on road stuff also carry off? Tractor is due to be delivered late this week or early next. I’ll be putting it straight to work mowing and cleaning up storm debris. I bet I’ll burn through whatever fuel they put in pretty quick. Do they come full like buying a car?
Depends where you live, around here off road diesel is not commonly sold at stations. But, in the meantime use on road diesel until you find a source for the dyed diesel.

Don’t let the naysayers get to you, the large 2R is for the ego trippers

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I want something to last my lifetime and so I didn’t want the tier 4 nonsense.
Yeah, don't remind me. Ugh. I wish they made a large frame 2025R (along with the small frame 2025R), because I would be all over that.

Or alternatively, the EPA can [redacted for civility] in their stupid [redacted for morality] and [redacted for legality].

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
So it looks like I’ve got a 2025 coming my way. With loader, bucket, forks, 60 inch MM, and backhoe. That comes to 28k, does that sound right? I’m financing for 60 months at 0%.
Congrats. Does the wife know? :lol:

I believe the full tank of diesel is up to the dealer and I believe most do fill up the smaller tractors and put 5 gallons or so if not More in the larger tractors. It don’t hurt to ask.
The price seems in like with others.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, don't remind me. Ugh. I wish they made a large frame 2025R (along with the small frame 2025R), because I would be all over that.

Or alternatively, the EPA can [redacted for civility] in their stupid [redacted for morality] and [redacted for legality].
Yeah the EPA sucks, but I guess orange chainsaws and green tractors will someday be the death of humanity...

Congrats. Does the wife know? :lol:

I believe the full tank of diesel is up to the dealer and I believe most do fill up the smaller tractors and put 5 gallons or so if not More in the larger tractors. It don’t hurt to ask.
The price seems in like with others.
Yeah wifey knows about it. She went with me to order it. This is my third attempt to buy a tractor and I wouldn’t be deterred this time. This was supposed to happen in 2015 when we bought this place... 3rd time really is the charm I guess.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just realized I don’t own a Diesel fuel can.
I did the 5 gallon can shuffle for years. A few days ago I said, "No more!" and ordered one of these from Amazon:

71FwIqnlOdL._SL1500_.jpg

If it doesn't leak, I will paint it John Deere Yellow and eventually hook up an electric transfer pump. If it does leak, or is otherwise horribly defective, I will return it and go to Tractor Supply and pay 550 bucks for a 50 gallon tank and electric pump. Either way, never again!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats! When it gets dropped off and you climb up onto the cockpit for the first time in your driveway/yard you're gonna say... "WOW this is nice! Worth every penny!"

As far as fuel cans go, I just use 5 galloners. What I did end up buying for them are EZ POUR spouts I got off Amazon. They are nice! They make the gas can great again!

2- 5 gallon containers last me a fair amount of time. Most of the time the machine sips fuel and a tank lasts awhile.

Also, 28K is a decent deal, so no worries there.

HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yeah wifey knows about it. She went with me to order it. This is my third attempt to buy a tractor and I wouldn’t be deterred this time. This was supposed to happen in 2015 when we bought this place... 3rd time really is the charm I guess.

Yep. I remember your post about the 2032/38 the other day.

Try not to be to mad at her. Every time you go outside and use the tractor you will be happy while also being mad that you wasn’t able to get it sooner. When I built my house I did lots of stuff myself including clean up. At the end the Dirt guys sucked so I paid them the day and sent them on there way. I got a crazy insane quote from another guy and out of nowhere I thought to go check on getting myself a tractor. Boy was I mad I waited till the house was done. I could have saved a few bucks and my back if I would have bought from day one. Oh well. Got one now and so do you. Better late than never

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Congratulations.

I use the No-Spill cans. They're much better than most cans. I had to buy a yellow can too when I got my 1025r.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Two out of the five no-spill diesel cans I've purchased in the last two years have had defective threads and leaked from the cap when you used it. I found no visible way to tell if one is defective. FYI...be careful.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just painted one of the many red cans I had laying around with John Deere spray paint and rinsed it out with diesel lol I did add an ez flow spout from rural king for like $5 and it will empty a full can fast. Plus it was yellow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just painted one of the many red cans I had laying around with John Deere spray paint and rinsed it out with diesel lol I did add an ez flow spout from rural king for like $5 and it will empty a full can fast. Plus it was yellow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This here looks like a great solution! Being that the cub doesn’t run, and I’m selling the wheel horse; I really have no use for a 5 gallon gas can. I can just buy a 10$ can of Deere Green paint and wha la, diesel can. I still have smaller gas cans for my push mower and chainsaws.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Did the same thing! Just painted some red 5 gallon gas cans yellow and cleaned them out. Also, I use the AP10F pallet forks on my 2038. They work great. You will have no problems. The 2025 is a great tractor. I have talked to Pat about this. If it would have been out when I bought my tractor, I would probably own it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep. I remember your post about the 2032/38 the other day.

Try not to be to mad at her. Every time you go outside and use the tractor you will be happy while also being mad that you wasn’t able to get it sooner. When I built my house I did lots of stuff myself including clean up. At the end the Dirt guys sucked so I paid them the day and sent them on there way. I got a crazy insane quote from another guy and out of nowhere I thought to go check on getting myself a tractor. Boy was I mad I waited till the house was done. I could have saved a few bucks and my back if I would have bought from day one. Oh well. Got one now and so do you. Better late than never
I can’t be too mad at her. If I’d have done this years ago, I would never have bought a backhoe. I think when we bought the place I’d have got a 1 series. I think at 1 point I was considering a 3025 with a 3 point mower. More time to think about it and research may leave me in a better spot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats! I just had my brand new one delivered last Thursday. I ordered mine with a iMatch hitch, ballast box, weighted tires and a 60" Landplane. These are little beasts...it's still surprising me how strong it is. I really like mine!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts