Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings..

My oh my, where to start. I have collected Craftsman GT's for the past 5 years growing a herd of 5 GT5000's at one point which included Johnny Buckets, linear sleeve hitches and implements. Last year things changed. I ran into a deal of a lifetime on a 2016 1025r with 127 hours, which came with a york rake, box blade, weight box and tiller. I fell in love with it from day one! Fast forward to a very recent time. I was prepping for my 200 hr service on the 1025r and visited my local dealer for a 5 gallon pail of low viscosity hy gard and there SHE was, a beautiful garden tractor (X540) that was a trade in. It was not off the truck even 10 minutes. She was sitting lonely in the parking lot, so I checked her out and got her number (3,795.00)

After a debate with my innerself, I bit the bullet. This was a huge step up for me from my faithful Craftsman GT's. I won't bash any brand as I still have a Craftsman GT and Cub GT, BUT.....The smile the 1025r and x540 put on my face when I use them is amazing. (must be the power steering :good2::good2: I have researched everything I could find here on my new machines. I really like the way everyone puts their knowledge on the table to help one another which makes the forums a true joy to read.

I have 1.9 acres and live in an older neighborhood where everyone has a large yard compared to todays norm. I am that guy..the one who clears snow from all the neighbors and won't take a dime. I have been blessed with coffee, cocoa and cookies in return. I just love my seat time. Anyway, I am happy to be here with you guys!!

·
Administrator
21,132 Posts
Tractor301,
:wgtt:

When do we get to see them? :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten. Yes pics needed of said equipment

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
12,458 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,450 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
:wgtt: from western md nice looking machines

·
Premium Member
9,735 Posts
Welcome,

Glad you have decided to "come to the other side", where power steering is widely available and even often used......along with cruise control, tilt steering wheels and more.....

Reactions: joshn3448

·
Premium Member
15,364 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
561 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts