Green Tractor Talk banner

What color should I paint my Ken's Bolt-On's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

So my new H130 loader and 53" bucket will be in next week and I just ordered a pair of Bolt-On's for it. Now I have to decide what color I want to paint them. Since I have optional paralysis, what better excuse to have a poll. So have at it.

I'll post pictures after it's done

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Hiya,

So my new H130 loader and 53" bucket will be in next week and I just ordered a pair of Bolt-On's for it. Now I have to decide what color I want to paint them. Since I have optional paralysis, what better excuse to have a poll. So have at it.

I'll post pictures after it's done
With Kenny's new Zinc Chromate Plating it is recommended to not paint them at all.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
With Kenny's new Zinc Chromate Plating it is recommended to not paint them at all.
And when you use them you will chip and wear your paint off, you don't want dinged up looking KBOGH's do you?

That said I painted mine JD green:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
I painted mine. The paint on the hooks wears off from use, so why paint them? Unless they're only for show!! Don't waste your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Mine are JD yellow, but are also over three years old. If they were plated like the new ones, I would not have painted them.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Super Moderator
5,374 Posts
*Sits with the other "No Paint" peeps* :munch:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Mine came the original flat grey (If memory serves) , painted the green, chips denote hard work :bigthumb:

·
Registered
23,536 Posts
All the posts about not painting them and that isn't even an option in the poll.......

Mine are painted green but that is because they are from before the days of KBOH and are weld hooks (raw material).

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
All the posts about not painting them and that isn't even an option in the poll.......

Mine are painted green but that is because they are from before the days of KBOH and are weld hooks (raw material).
I figured the "don't paint the plated hooks" option was the "Get a life Tom" option.:laugh:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
X2 but didn't want to select it.
X3, I went back and forth on the poll and looking at the results, couldn't pull the trigger on the "Get a life" option.

I remember waiting for clevis to be zinc plated before ordering my sets. IIRC Kenny had the hooks available in zinc before he had the clevis done. I left my "au naturale" as a little bit of gold bling on both ends of my tractor.

If I had to vote (or if I had to paint) I'd match the surface I mounted them on, green for the FEL and black for the BH bucket. So I still can't vote yet :laugh:

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: tj1 and Levi

·
Administrator
21,119 Posts
I updated the poll to include the option to leave your hook be the way they came so you fellas can participate.:thumbup1gif:

Once the poll closes, we'll tally them up with the "get a life" option. :lol:

·
Administrator
18,780 Posts
This is about all I can say:

:lolol:

Oh, and add me to the "no paint" group.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jason,

Thanks for adding the "leave 'em the way they came" option. I thought about that after but I didn't see the edit button to update.

Tom

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I updated the poll to include the option to leave your hook be the way they came so you fellas can participate.:thumbup1gif:

Once the poll closes, we'll tally them up with the "get a life" option. :lol:
:yahoo::bigthumb: THANK YOU JASON. Now that I have voted, the world is back to normal, and I'll be able to get some sleep tonight instead of having to decide whether to vote green, or black or yellow.:laugh:
I just couldn't not vote on another GTT poll now could I?:nunu:

I still have a complaint to the poll bureau that after voting I can no longer see who voted what... why does that happen?:dunno:

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,357 Posts
How in the world are you going to paint them if Gizmo's got all the paint? You would have to use JD paint and Gizmo has it all.
Guess that leaves me in the no paint column. Didn't want to mark the get a life column. :lolol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts