Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing, while wonderful, is an absolute bear! I don't think I could have moved the 54D across my wrecked lawn with the single wheels. 馃ぃ

Again, I love my Deck Dolly, but perhaps large rubber wheels should be an option. 馃ゴ

20210602_144318.jpg

Registered
This thing, while wonderful, is an absolute bear! I don't think I could have moved the 54D across my wrecked lawn with the single wheels. 馃ぃ

Again, I love my Deck Dolly, but perhaps large rubber wheels should be an option. 馃ゴ

View attachment 789740
I have the load and gos on my deck and while I completely understand the need for a deck dolly for some, I couldn't fathom using it myself. it is a little extra running around with picking up the deck, dropping it in place. driving over it. attaching the deck and then attaching the bucket and dropping the FEL. But my back is sore enough from years of abuse in metal fabrication. I couldn't imagine wrestling this deck for the next decade or more.

Registered
The deck dolly would work well for me for moving the deck to an out of the way location in my shop in between mowings.

Registered
As an old man, I could not lift my 60D to stand it up with the Deck Dolly. Maybe with the 54D being lighter it is a good way to go. Better wheels and pneumatic tires would be a plus, but I don't see how it could work as a stand with any larger diameter wheels/tires. I think you'd need to replace the vertical steel plates that function as standing feet with something larger, but even then the larger wheels would raise the dolly latches too high off the ground to fit on the mower deck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ClydeLogan the optional 6' handles help, but it's still an absolute bear. I'm not going to lie, I envy those with the Load N Go, lol. 馃槀

At the end of the day I'm real happy with the Deck Dolly, it beats dragging the thing any day!

Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
I have the load and gos on my deck and while I completely understand the need for a deck dolly for some, I couldn't fathom using it myself. it is a little extra running around with picking up the deck, dropping it in place. driving over it. attaching the deck and then attaching the bucket and dropping the FEL. But my back is sore enough from years of abuse in metal fabrication. I couldn't imagine wrestling this deck for the next decade or more.
I use the forks with straps around the anti-scalp wheels to lift my 54D deck. That's for cleaning and for winter storage on the Deck Dollies.

Registered
2020 1025R
@ClydeLogan the optional 6' handles help, but it's still an absolute bear. I'm not going to lie, I envy those with the Load N Go, lol. 馃槀

At the end of the day I'm real happy with the Deck Dolly, it beats dragging the thing any day!
I can't imagine opting for this over the LoadNGo, unless someone bought a tractor without a loader. It makes moving the deck absolutely painless.

Best,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't imagine opting for this over the LoadNGo, unless someone bought a tractor without a loader. It makes moving the deck absolutely painless.

Best,
Last I knew the Load 'n Go wasn't available for the older 54D decks.

Registered
Load N Go is not available for my 60D.

I asked the salesman before I ordered the 60D and he said it was available. I regret not buying the 72D which has it.

I need to buy a Deck Dolly ASAP.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Load N Go is not available for my 60D.

I asked the salesman before I ordered the 60D and he said it was available. I regret not buying the 72D which has it.

I need to buy a Deck Dolly ASAP.
If the brackets are not an option- I didn't see any better an alternative than the Deck Dolly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts