Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a john deere lx 255 , I bought used. One fault with it. Whenever I cut oe bag leaves I have a lot of debris that comes out from underneath the right front of deck. Any ideas what is happening?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you . I will have to check it out. I never had this problem with my craftsman mower.

·
Premium Member
10,033 Posts
Make sure the collection system blower on the mower deck is turning the correct direction. Often, the blower belt hooks to the outer mower spindle pulley which is "double stacked" by being mounted directly on top of the deck pulley. Usually, the belt is crossed before being hooked to the top pulley, to create the proper belt tension and also spin the blower in the correct direction.

Double check the belt positioning as having the blower belt installed incorrectly will still cause the blower to spin, it will just turn the blower backwards, will also cause leaves and debris to come out under the area of the deck where the blower is attached. It's easy to do, as I have done that myself a number of times.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I don't know what a double blower system is or a lot of what you said, I am going to have to research what you said. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can you post a picture of your mower with the bagger on it? That might help eliminate some confusion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know how to post pictures. I dont understand the confusion, far as I know I just have a regular 42 inch deck, and the bagger makes no difference. The grass or leaves blow out all the time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There a couple of different types of baggers, including a type that has a blower that mounts over the discharge chute of the deck. That's the type Sully Bear is talking about when he mentions the belt and double pulley.

Maybe yours is the type without a blower and just uses the airflow from the mower blades to blow the leaves and grass through a tube into the bag. If so there's no need to research the belt and pulley issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts