Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
Jay,
:wgtt:

I cleaned up the thread for you and merged your posts. You have up to 12 hours to edit your posts. :thumbup1gif:

Here's a thread on how-to post pics as well. :good2:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Must be fairly common

Theres a bunch of the 38's on the local CL

Have no clue how that got underlined. I've been trying to do this for years
:banghead:

now its gone...:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
128 Posts
My guess is either LX100, LX200, or GT series. I don't think it could be a 100 or 200 like 165, 185, 265, 285 because they don't have a tensioner handle on the left side. They also have round hole brackets for the front draft arms to attach with a bolt. The LXs and GTs have the big u-bolt style front draft link that attaches with the hook style front bracket. Also the LX and GTs use the J-Pin with the spring on the back vs the 100 and 200 have an L bracket with a hairpin.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Must be fairly common

Theres a bunch of the 38's on the local CL

Have no clue how that got underlined. I've been trying to do this for years
:banghead:

now its gone...:flag_of_truce:
Control, U should work. Then when you finish the part you want underlined, hit Control, U again. MS Word should have a button to press for U.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Brownie919 I think you called it...

My guess is either LX100, LX200, or GT series. I don't think it could be a 100 or 200 like 165, 185, 265, 285 because they don't have a tensioner handle on the left side. They also have round hole brackets for the front draft arms to attach with a bolt. The LXs and GTs have the big u-bolt style front draft link that attaches with the hook style front bracket. Also the LX and GTs use the J-Pin with the spring on the back vs the 100 and 200 have an L bracket with a hairpin.
Looks good to me. A guy sold it to me as a deck that will work on a 318, he is a JD expert but I think he just wanted to get rid of a deck. Me being new to these smaller JD mowers and 318 decks being pretty rare I had no clue so he had a sucker...

I think its a decent deck though but I need to sell it. If any of you all are interested let me know or I will get get it posted in a bit.

Thanks again.

Jay

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'd go with the LX172, LX173, LX176, LX178, LX186 and LX188 series.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/74122/level/2/snp/MTgwMTYxOkNIQVBURVJbMTA2MTojQlVTSU5FU1NfUkVHSU9OLDMyMTk6I0NBVEFMT0csNzQxMjI6RVFVSVBNRU5UXQ

It looks very similar to the 48" deck off my recently sold LX186.

Unless it's just not in the pic there's a linkage missing that'll be needed to use the deck. It attaches the brackets on the front of the deck to the front frame of the tractor.

20181227_124142e.jpg

Of course, if someone already has that and needs a replacement deck for what ever reason...

Note on the above deck one of the brackets rusted off and the center anti scalp roller is missing. Made a heck of a noise when I ran over it. The 38 inch deck didn't have that center roller.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks good to me. A guy sold it to me as a deck that will work on a 318, he is a JD expert but I think he just wanted to get rid of a deck. Me being new to these smaller JD mowers and 318 decks being pretty rare I had no clue so he had a sucker...

I think its a decent deck though but I need to sell it. If any of you all are interested let me know or I will get get it posted in a bit.

Thanks again.

Jay
IF the 318 deck is rare, why not alter that one to mount on yours? Can't be that tough to modify.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IF the 318 deck is rare, why not alter that one to mount on yours? Can't be that tough to modify.
Great idea but that I think is a pretty large skill set, there is a contraption that makes the 90deg turn from the front drive pulley to the bottom to the deck. That would be a job to fab up not to mention the brackets to make the deck work. Even if I could pull if off, I am sinking as it is around here and I have a job... That kills me..

I hooked up with a guy that got me straight with a 318 parts tractor that had a deck. So now I even have more junk and my wife is not speaking to me, win win..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd go with the LX172, LX173, LX176, LX178, LX186 and LX188 series.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/74122/level/2/snp/MTgwMTYxOkNIQVBURVJbMTA2MTojQlVTSU5FU1NfUkVHSU9OLDMyMTk6I0NBVEFMT0csNzQxMjI6RVFVSVBNRU5UXQ

It looks very similar to the 48" deck off my recently sold LX186.

Unless it's just not in the pic there's a linkage missing that'll be needed to use the deck. It attaches the brackets on the front of the deck to the front frame of the tractor.

View attachment 675788

Of course, if someone already has that and needs a replacement deck for what ever reason...

Note on the above deck one of the brackets rusted off and the center anti scalp roller is missing. Made a heck of a noise when I ran over it. The 38 inch deck didn't have that center roller.
Thanks for the info, you sold the tractor? I was going to make you a deal? Your not that far from me.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks for the info, you sold the tractor? I was going to make you a deal? Your not that far from me.
Yes, it's sold. Sorry. (not really but you know what I mean.:))

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have that deck and can say with near-certainty it comes from the older 100 series Deeres. There was a 160, 165, 180, and 185. These were sold in the 70s/early 80s. The lawn tractors had the Kawasaki engines with forced lubrication. Here is a pair of photos of the one I still have (a 160).

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have that deck and can say with near-certainty it comes from the older 100 series Deeres. There was a 160, 165, 180, and 185. These were sold in the 70s/early 80s. The lawn tractors had the Kawasaki engines with forced lubrication. Here is a pair of photos of the one I still have (a 160).
Look how the front of your deck hangs from the tractor. The draft arms have a bolt that goes through a round hole in the deck. His has hook brackets that hangs from a big u-bolt style draft arm.
You have a handle on the left side. He has a tensioner.
I can't see the rear draft arms but I'm assuming you have a link with a 90 degree pin that a hairpin goes through. He has j shaped pins with a spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts