Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get info on the decompression valve on my K341, I lent out my small engine book(never to be seen again!) figures. It seams to be stuck closed.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
It is not a "valve", it is part of the camshaft,,

At low RPM, there is an "extra" bump that opens the exhaust valve a little to relieve the compression.

The decompression does not release compression if the engine is cranked backwards,,
so you can check the difference in force to rotate the engine in each direction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I'll play around with it some more if and when the weather warms up, it's been -20c here for weeks, that's just how it goes in the great white north. I've see it's not much better in the east. Spring IS coming one of these days!!:canada:snow::snow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the same problem with my Kohler 27 hp, hard to turn over when trying to crank it, thaugh it was the starter but after talking with a mechanic and told him what was going on he said adjust the valves, did it and problem solved. Learned that valves should be adjusted every year. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the same problem with my Kohler 27 hp, hard to turn over when trying to crank it, thaugh it was the starter but after talking with a mechanic and told him what was going on he said adjust the valves, did it and problem solved. Learned that valves should be adjusted every year. Hope this helps.
'll sure give that a try. Thanks for the feed-back, I've only been on this site for a few days and I already found some real good feed-back. Thanks again.(did that sound too damned canadian?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Your problem might be the ACR (automatic compression release) spring. They tend to break or fall off. You'll have to pull the oil pan to see, but you should be able to see the little spring on the ACR lever.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts