Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think you nailed it Kylew!
... I almost typed something similar... something like "maybe it's to protect inexperienced "consumer type" equipment purchasers.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks again to all for their help on this. Interestingly, I tried the MBR jumper approach on my 1023e with no luck. I read one other posting of this happening. I'm not sure what year mine is (purchased in Jan 2019). It is also interesting that some of us experience total shutdown of both the PTO and the engine when the reverse pedal is hit and others (myself included) only have the PTO shut off. When it warms up I'm going to dig back under the seat for the zip tie trick, which I know will work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The RIO switch is an OSHA requirement per my conversation with a Deere salesman who was confused as Kubota does not have one. BX2680 does not require pushing a button to back up nor does it have to be in neutral to dismount, just center the rocker control. Deere is an industry leader and chooses to cover their azz with safety switches which is not a bad thing, just frustrating as heck. Gotta protect yourself. Honda invented the ATV craze and paid dearly for it. A lesson learned there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi All
One Question that has bugged about JD and their claims that the RIO is a safety device that must not be tampered with. If it is so important why don't they fit them to the Zero turn mowers? They are just as dangerous in reverse as any lawn tractor or tractor. i cannot understand the rationale behind it.
Regards John

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi All
One Question that has bugged about JD and their claims that the RIO is a safety device that must not be tampered with. If it is so important why don't they fit them to the Zero turn mowers? They are just as dangerous in reverse as any lawn tractor or tractor. i cannot understand the rationale behind it.
Regards John
Seems most who operate a ZTM just spin around and never really backup. But I agree, a ZTM is just as dangerous or more so than a lawn tractor. You see them "speeding" thru the yard like they are on a race track.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You guys need one of these

They are a funny looking thing, but function over form, seems to work well. Have to admit it is a great design for the application.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts