Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about making things worse!

The lights on our Deere 110TLB weren’t working. So I played around with the fuses. Lights are now working, but tractor has lost all ability to move! Nothing with either forward or reverse peddles or even the creep toggle. Its flashing error codes for the forward, reverse and creep potentiometers.

It looks like I made the big mistake of putting a fuse in the #12 calibration slot – this wipes the transmission calibration.

The nearby yellow dealers say they can’t plug into the 110TLB…Green dealers don’t want to come out and help.

A previous post says: “The procedure requires either a computer with the Service Advisor software, or a digital multi-meter with the JDG 1575 electronic control test kit.”

Anyone know where I can get a JDG 1575?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
There is very little info out on the web on this-as I'm sure you've found out by now.
Here is one of the better threads on calibration we have:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/large-frame-compact-utility-tractors-lcut/19013-4310-ehydro-will-not-move.html

A search of the tern "calibration" will find a bit more info.

Also, If you PM me your email address I may have some other info that may help-but ultimately this may require dealer assistance to correct. The 110TLB is based on a JD model 4610, so do some searching for calibrating those models too.

·
Super Moderator
5,543 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not sure it's the same but here are screen shots from the 4310 manual on calibration.

I made a breakout harness to use in place of the JDG 1575 for adjusting the potentiometers but I don't think you need to adjust those if they weren't moved.

Built a eHydro breakout harness

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Okay the 4310 is different. I will leave it up for 4310 interests unless a moderator wants to move or delete it.

Here are the screen shots for the 110 TLB.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for all the help.

The current situation would be a bit funny if the machine weren't stuck. The Green dealers are saying its a "yellow machine" and the Yellow Dealer is saying he can't plug his Service Advisor into it - "it needs a Green Dealer"...

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Thanks for all the help.

The current situation would be a bit funny if the machine weren't stuck. The Green dealers are saying its a "yellow machine" and the Yellow Dealer is saying he can't plug his Service Advisor into it - "it needs a Green Dealer"...
Tell them you have a 4610.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The actual calibration procedure doesn't require ANY test equipment as long as you haven't replaced or moved any of the components mentioned in the text. Read it through a half dozen times and don't leave out any steps and you should be good to go. Looks like it takes two people and some basic care and equipment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still stuck in barn:(

The plot thickens...

The yellow Deere tech was a no-show for the 4th time.

The green Deere tech is coming out Monday and they say they can do it without Service Master or JDG1575 - but I'm not optimistic.

Hard to imagine that you can render such an expensive machine inoperative just by putting a fuse in a slot - not a mistake I will ever make again - if the machine is ever operative again:).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Did you try the procedure that Old Machinist posted?
Looks pretty straight forward to me and you don't need a tech of any color.

:dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It worked! Tractor moving again!

It worked!

“Old Machinist” is my new hero.

The recalibrations routine on page 382 of the technical manual got the tractor moving again without Service Advisor or JD1575.

Thanks goodness for these chat rooms - I called every dealership in the region and none of them were able to help.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It worked!

“Old Machinist” is my new hero.

The recalibrations routine on page 382 of the technical manual got the tractor moving again without Service Advisor or JD1575.

Thanks goodness for these chat rooms - I called every dealership in the region and none of them were able to help.
Thank you very much for the follow up and reporting your success! Even if it had been failure, knowing the outcome is very important to us when trying to continue helping you or anyone else in a similar situation.

Far too often folks come here with a problem, we try to help and they never report back on if they were successful or made any progress-of if something else happened to fix them up. It’s very helpful for any future issues for this kind of feedback!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Glad I could help. It is actually user joecdeere from both forums that supplied the tech info. He has been an invaluable resource for all my JD equipment. I just took a moment to read into your problem and pass along the fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought I would share the final chapter in this saga in case someone else has to go through it - which I think is likely because that #12 fuse slot is just a set-up for disaster.

Following the instructions from Page 357 of the service manual (110TLB HST Control System Automatic Calibration) , we were able to recalibrate the system and get the tractor moving again – hooray!

But the victory was short-lived. The throttle potentiometer error code was still flashing so we decided to make the “enemy of good” mistake. If we were able to get through the recalibration once, why not try it again and see if we can get that one final error code cleared? What can go wrong?

So we went through the same recalibration routine that had worked the day before and the result was… complete failure! We couldn’t complete the routine and the tractor was once again completely immobilized.

At that point we had to call for help from the dealership (which resulted in a disagreement between the yellow and green Deere dealers but that’s a story for another day.) $1000 and a replaced throttle potentiometer later, and the machine was still throwing multiple error codes and refusing to move an inch. The service guy from Deere had no idea what to do.

Then I remembered something - when I followed the routine described above, I hadn’t noticed that Deere’s definition of high idle is 2800 RPM… I thought “high idle” was just high idle. So just as the service guy was leaving, I suggested we try it one last time, but instead of taking the high idle step to 2800 RPMs we do it at a lower RPM like I had the first time – success!

So a bunch of days effort and a lot of money later the tractor is back to full functionality - and I’ve put a big warning sign over that fuse slot.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Thanks for the follow up! Every time I read about the calibration failure, it's one small little detail that gets overlooked.

Two things are for sure, JD did not make it easy and the empty #12 fuse position is evil.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I would share the final chapter in this saga in case someone else has to go through it - which I think is likely because that #12 fuse slot is just a set-up for disaster.

Following the instructions from Page 357 of the service manual (110TLB HST Control System Automatic Calibration) , we were able to recalibrate the system and get the tractor moving again – hooray!

But the victory was short-lived. The throttle potentiometer error code was still flashing so we decided to make the “enemy of good” mistake. If we were able to get through the recalibration once, why not try it again and see if we can get that one final error code cleared? What can go wrong?

So we went through the same recalibration routine that had worked the day before and the result was… complete failure! We couldn’t complete the routine and the tractor was once again completely immobilized.

At that point we had to call for help from the dealership (which resulted in a disagreement between the yellow and green Deere dealers but that’s a story for another day.) $1000 and a replaced throttle potentiometer later, and the machine was still throwing multiple error codes and refusing to move an inch. The service guy from Deere had no idea what to do.

Then I remembered something - when I followed the routine described above, I hadn’t noticed that Deere’s definition of high idle is 2800 RPM… I thought “high idle” was just high idle. So just as the service guy was leaving, I suggested we try it one last time, but instead of taking the high idle step to 2800 RPMs we do it at a lower RPM like I had the first time – success!

So a bunch of days effort and a lot of money later the tractor is back to full functionality - and I’ve put a big warning sign over that fuse slot.
Could you send me the instructions that used to fix the number twelve fuse problem. I just made the same mistake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts