Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, we have an old 30 pto driven combine. we no longer use it ( and haven't used it in a while- about 10 years.) At this point, it's just taking up space and it needs to go. So what do you guys think its worth? We have to put a bearing or two into it and button it up. I know these are a bear to transport, but i'd rather not have it scrapped... (i'll get pictures sometime this week. I haven't been up there for a while.)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My BIL was always surprised,,,
he would trade in an item like that,,,
the dealer would say they would pick it up later,,,

He had 5 abandoned combines on his farm,
when they got roll-off scrap containers to load. :dunno:
EVERYTHING that had been abandoned was scrapped when steel was big :gizmo:

Good luck with your sale,,,

Oh, yea,, he kept 2 of those combines in a shed for 30 years,,, waiting for pickup,,, :laugh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got some pics.
20170304_164032.jpg

20170304_164047.jpg

20170304_164124.jpg
Needs new boards all around the reel.
20170304_164242.jpg
Bottom of tank is good, just never got cleaned out last time it was used (about 14 years ago.)
Insides are good, I crawled in and looked. Just surface rust from the neglect of 14 yrs.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would say post it on craigslist for a grand and see where it goes. You might be surprised to see who might be interested in it. If you have amish farmers in the area they might be very interested since it is small enough to be able to be ran on a pony motor. You might have really good luck by posting it locally on post it boards at gas stations, grocery stores, etc.

You are correct that transporting these things is the biggest issue holding people back on getting them. The are just so big and bulky and won't fit on a trailer. I agree with you that combine is in much too good of shape to scrap.

Commercial farmers probably won't be too interested but I think smaller organic farmers, Amish and horse people who bale there own rye for bedding might purchase it.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
There are people who restore old implements. Maybe a classified in Green magazine or Two-Cylinder magazine?:dunno:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely better than these ones.

img.jpg

img (3).jpg

img (2).jpg
And the prices are ridiculous! For Sale Price: USD $2,995 each!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
How far are you from Newark, Ohio? I saw southwestern PA. I have a neighbor who is doing a small barley field who might be interested.

They might be willing to look at it if it isn't too far of a drive.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How far are you from Newark, Ohio? I saw southwestern PA. I have a neighbor who is doing a small barley field who might be interested.

They might be willing to look at it if it isn't too far of a drive.
According to google maps, you're 2 and a half hours away. We're 30 mins. east of Washington pa. Id gladly let them look at it. We could use the shed space.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll talk to him this weekend and show him the pictures. Do you have any idea of what you would want for it?

Also what do you think would need to be replaced to get it field ready again?

I have a 16 ft by 7 ft trailer. Dual axle. I wonder if we could get it to fit on that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts