Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our deere 300d has been leaking hydraulic oil from the outriggers. It has been low on oil a few times, so we have just been putting superS hydrauic fluid in it, but we don't know if it's the rough oil or not. Unfortunately we didn't get a manual with the backhoe. So any help with figuring out what oil this beast uses would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
From the manual:

Deere recommends Hy-Guard or low viscosity Hy-Guard depending on your temperature range, but any hydraulic oil that meets the J20 spec should work.

As for your leaking cylinders, if they're leaking around the ram then they will need to be disassembled and resealed. Changing oil types won't fix it, but it probably didn't cause it either. Check the rams for damage, any nicks or scratches could have damaged the seals. If they're okay, it may be as simple as the seals are old and worn.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From the manual:

Deere recommends Hy-Guard or low viscosity Hy-Guard depending on your temperature range, but any hydraulic oil that meets the J20 spec should work.

As for your leaking cylinders, if they're leaking around the ram then they will need to be disassembled and resealed. Changing oil types won't fix it, but it probably didn't cause it either. Check the rams for damage, any nicks or scratches could have damaged the seals. If they're okay, it may be as simple as the seals are old and worn.
Thanks Blake, i believe i saw some spec numbers on the bucket. Our cylinders (bucket dump, outriggers, swing -cylinders, and a few lines) all leak. Although it was used by a private contractor for most of its life, so a lot of the bushings are wore out, and we have replaced a lot on it. But she gets the job done, so i guess that`s all that matters. I also find it easier to run than our case 580 with the five lever setup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts