Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 310E that is stuck in 4wd, I'd like to get a repair manual that will help me diagnose the issue. I believe it is the wiring or solenoid. At DIYrepairmanuals I see a TM1649 and TM1648, both are $200 each so I like to get the right one. I'm thinking the TM1648 as it is labeled "operation and test".

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Unfortunately, I think you'll benefit from them both. My guess is they each contain different information. And there maybe some of the same. They are labeled differently, meaning they contain different pieces of knowledge. One looks like it is the test and operation manual and the other is the repair. Can you call the vendor and see if they can give you more detail as to what each contains? Sorry I am not of much help.

And, welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy, I called and he said most buy the 1649 as they don't want to deal with the wiring diagrams in 1648. I found the 1649 on ebay as a CD cheaper, will buy the 1648 paperback also just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
7,511 Posts
My guess is the mfwd solenoid failed or the wiring to it. They fail to mfwd engaged.

I find the operation and test manual more useful. It explains HOW things work and how to TEST and determine WHAT to repair. I WANT the electrical diagrams, since the electrics are much more complicated now than on old tractors

I would want both, but if only one O&T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts