Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was removing several buckets of soil from a pile and on the 10th load (or so) I got into some loose soil. At first I thought the tires were spinning then noticed that the controls seemed to be locked up.
I turned the machine off with the key and now the key won't do anything. It won't turn at all... as if the park switch is not releasing the key and letting it turn.

Checked the 4 fuses in the cab and they are good. Doesn't appear to be any leaks but I can't see under the machine as I am in deep loose soil.
When I get in, all the diagnostic lights come on, then the seat and seat belt lights go out when I fasten the seat belt.
Then , the only 2 lights that are on are #8 and #9 (Hydraulics Off and Park Brake). Toggling the Park switch does nothing.

Temperature was good while I was operating it and I let the engine cool for 2 hours. Still nothing.
Key won't turn.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind.

I borrowed a key from a buddy and she fired right up.
The key he gave me was double-sided whereas the one I had was single sided. Must have been sheer luck that it worked to begin with as it wasn't the original key.

Tumblers inside the ignition must have jarred a bit when I was running it and the first key became useless.

All is good.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Thanks for the update Dave, sorry no one could help...

Welcome to GTT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts