Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to trade into a Deere 3039r and a 59 snowblower. I am familiar with the 47/54 blowers but the 59 will be new to me. I have a 30 yard residential route in the winter I will be servicing with this tractor. Outside of shear keys, is there anything I should have on hand that is specific to the blower? Saw some mention of a short shaft on the inside of the impeller needed frequent replacement... I just want to be prepared in the event of a breakdown of a common product.

Now I typically stock hex bearings for the shaft setup and keys.

Thank you everyone!

·
Administrator
23,176 Posts
All I can think of is 1/4-20 shear bolts, never heard of having to replace any shaft.

·
Registered
3039R
223 Posts
There actually is one other thing I would recommend: Get a pair of good skids to replace the tiny ones that come with the 59 blower.

I got a set from this place - I believe mine are the C.U.T 24 model:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I had one on a 955. loved it, couldn't kill it. just paint it up where it's shined up after every season. Along with the better shoes, think about adding the aftermarket rubber/plastic flaps to the impeller. They are great for wet slushy snow, plus they make the blower throw farther. Fab up a couple brackets to add a hydraulic cylinder to the chute deflector. Run it off the loader 3rd function.

Allen.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a 59 SB on a 955. The first thing to do would be to remove the key way located on the gearbox stub shaft that the impeller sits on. The universal joint removes by unbolting the 5/16 x 2” shear bolt and removing the auger. The key way needs to be removed because if the shear bolt breaks, the key way now becomes the shear pin. Key ways don’t function well as shear pins. This will result in needing to remove the auger to replace the $275 u joint in front of the impeller.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.