Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had already heard about the new 120R loader. Today, Deere is announcing a new Backhoe for the 1-series.

Here is what we know so far: 260B Backhoe

Not much so far, but it is a start. ...and looks like some nice improvements!

Tim

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Cool heads up Tim. I like the latching stabilizers and it is high time they added a cushion to the boom cylinder but I think I prefer my swivel seat to a dedicated one on such a tiny tractor. By the way I just watched your waste pipe excavation on the youtubes, great job! I was worried about the 12 inch bucket when I got my tractor but it digs great in my hard soil.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool heads up Tim. I like the latching stabilizers and it is high time they added a cushion to the boom cylinder but I think I prefer my swivel seat to a dedicated one on such a tiny tractor. By the way I just watched your waste pipe excavation on the youtubes, great job! I was worried about the 12 inch bucket when I got my tractor but it digs great in my hard soil.
The cushioned boom cylinder will certainly make me look like less of an idiot backhoe operator. Even with some experience now, I occasionally bang the boom against the stop.

I'm not sure how the additional seat will fit. Will the backhoe be further from the tractor?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
From the ad copy it sure sounds like JD has been listening to 1 series TLB owners. For me latching stabilizer arms and boom pins operable from the seat are "frills" as I don't mind hooking up my little stabilizer chain or putting in the boom pins, but handy none the less. Home run on the "Anti Boom Whacking" hydraulic damping on the boom control, though I have it pretty well under control (after the first whack after a time of non-operating).:laugh:

Now even pretty ladies will be right at home on the dedicated backhoe seat and they should show up in the JD ad videos real soon!:laugh::good2:

·
Registered
967 Posts
FOR SALE: Antique 260 Back Hoe, First Edition, Slight Wear and Tear. LOL:laugh:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Loved the 260 on my 2305. Swivel seat worked great. Shortened the overall length and you could raise the FEL and reach the throttle while using the backhoe. Hope the b has ample legroom for extended use. Hope when the b comes off the machine it doesn't leave a large frame on the ground like the 46? Now JD can sell more wheel spacers and longer trailers :laugh:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I noticed some things I really like.

I like how the rops isn't right over your head.
I like how they moved the power hydraulic line off the floor and is mounted straight up and down out of the way. Also making it much easier to get to and easier to keep the connections clean! That is a huge plus if you have muddy boots!
Hand grab doubles as a light protector. Lol
Not sure about the step? Looks a little high to me? But better than nothing..
I like the new boom cylinder and would like to demo one to see how well it works.

That's enough for now!
Might be a upgrade coming to a few 1025r owners near you! :lol::lolol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Compatible with the mid 2017 1023/1025R?
Yah, what's up with that? As I was reading the up date I was thinking, "now I know why I didn't get the BH when I bought my tractor". Then I read that. Puts me in the same position I was in before...without.

·
Registered
527 Posts
We had already heard about the new 120R loader. Today, Deere is announcing a new Backhoe for the 1-series.

Here is what we know so far: 260B Backhoe

Not much so far, but it is a start. ...and looks like some nice improvements!

Tim
If anybody is interested here are the links to JD's new 260B and 120R: Utility Tractor Attachments | 260B Backhoe | JohnÂ*Deere US and Utility Tractor Attachments | 260B Backhoe | JohnÂ*Deere US

Great improvements, should have drug my feet just a little longer!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has a lot of nice new features it looks like.
Only negative i saw was that it said "tire chains not compatible with new rear subframe" :nunu:
Tire chains wouldn't work with my sub-frame on the existing 1-series/260BH. When on a slope (sideways), the lugs on my tires rub on the subframe WITHOUT chains.

Not sure why the subframe angles out so sharply at the front, and why this angle is so close to the tire.

Tim

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am glad they moved the hose so you are not stepping on it, but after looking at all the pics on JD website I realized that now the tire will be throwing dirt and crap up on the hoses and fittings. Too keep them clean I can see a mud flaps install on the fenders or a rubber shield or a metal shield for our welders out there on the brackets of the new designed BH.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Tire chains wouldn't work with my sub-frame on the existing 1-series/260BH. When on a slope (sideways), the lugs on my tires rub on the subframe WITHOUT chains.

Not sure why the subframe angles out so sharply at the front, and why this angle is so close to the tire.

Tim
I can see why they say no chains. The fittings are exposed and any kind of slack in the chains or mud or ice and snow stuck to chains, I see the probability of it hitting them. :(

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yah, what's up with that? As I was reading the up date I was thinking, "now I know why I didn't get the BH when I bought my tractor". Then I read that. Puts me in the same position I was in before...without.
:( it's always something..

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Same here Levi. I've been looking at the possibility of adding the backhoe. This means that Deere will have two backhoes for the 1 series now. I'll take Kennys backhoe steps over the new integrated one any day. Way over done compared to Kennys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Something I cant even pretend to get excited about, wife would murder me

Having just bought my first tractor in Feb, she would murder me if I traded it in. I will just have to be content with what I have. The only real problem I have with mine currently is I hate stepping on the hose, and i wish it had a little bit more power.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Home run on the "Anti Boom Whacking" hydraulic damping on the boom control, though I have it pretty well under control (after the first whack after a time of non-operating).:laugh:
I am wondering if the new cylinder could be retrofitted to an existing 260? I really like that idea.
Not very keen on 2 seats especially since it appears one or the other has to be tipped. I like being able turn the steering wheel if needed when trenching with BH. My guess is they're having far more warranty work on the swivel seat than what they'd like.
I know a lot of SCUTs have that bent forward look on the ROPS but I don't care for it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts