Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $650 a good buy? New, from my dealer.
Don't have to have them today. Can they be had for a lot less money?
I've seen where folks have paid anywhere from ~ $560 - $740, but location is out of my control. Two major Deere dealers in my area and they both own a half dozen shops or more.

Also read about Deere having a sale on "parts & accessories" (10 - 15% off) at certain times of the year.
My guess is that % would be off retail/msrp. yes? no?
$650 is already between 10 & 15%.

I'll need these and some suitcase weights towards late Fall.

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Some dealer love to show big price discount and then when you get down the invoice, it says "Set up fee" which is often similar to the discount, or a large part of it...........

One was a "set up fee" on box blade, etc. that I saw. It was strapped to the original pallet. I asked the dealer if perhaps they should call it a "set on fee". the price to set it on the customers truck or trailer.....

·
Registered
927 Posts
Is $650 a good buy? New, from my dealer.
Don't have to have them today. Can they be had for a lot less money?
I've seen where folks have paid anywhere from ~ $560 - $740, but location is out of my control. Two major Deere dealers in my area and they both own a half dozen shops or more.

Also read about Deere having a sale on "parts & accessories" (10 - 15% off) at certain times of the year.
My guess is that % would be off retail/msrp. yes? no?
$650 is already between 10 & 15%.

I'll need these and some suitcase weights towards late Fall.

Thanks
Can they be had for a LOT less money? Probably not
Can they be had for a little less money? Maybe, depending on where and when you get them
How much $$ is your time and travel worth?
Do you want to search around for something $50-100 cheaper, then have to go drive there to get it?
Or is it easier and more convenient to go to your local dealer to get what you need?

Personally, I buy stuff like this from my dealer because I know what I am getting, he knows what I am getting, and if I have any problems, he will take care of me. Plain and simple. Yes, my dealer is a little more expensive for certain things. But well worth it to me.

For what it’s worth, I bought my HLA forks at my dealer for less than $600.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Do they have a back rest like the AP10?

Photo or model # ?
I’ll grab a pic this weekend, but no backrest, and I don’t remember the model #. Hard to link, but their website is HLAattachments.com. Lightweight pallet forks. Model # on the website is HS0942, that’s what mine look like

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have AP10’s for my 2038R. I really don’t know why more people don’t use these. They are rated for 1250 pounds, which is more than a one or two series can lift. They are much lighter than most other options, and they work great. I have maxed them out in the 2038 and had zero problems.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Can they be had for a little less money? Maybe, depending on where and when you get them
Do you want to search around for something $50-100 cheaper, then have to go drive there to get it?
Or is it easier and more convenient to go to your local dealer to get what you need?

Personally, I buy stuff like this from my dealer because I know what I am getting, he knows what I am getting, and if I have any problems, he will take care of me. Plain and simple. Yes, my dealer is a little more expensive for certain things. But well worth it to me.

Spoken as if I wrote it myself...............

Nice having one source for everything.

I bought a fertilizer spreader for my non 3 point lawn equipment from a local Family Farm and Home. The spreader was made in Vietnam, which is supposed to be much better than most of the China stuff. In the first season of using it, the drop control door fell off.............NICE.......Thank goodness I was pulling it with my zero turn and could go about 12 MPH or I would have burned the crap out of my lawn.

Unable to get any parts from them. I pointed out the failure happened during the "warranty period" and the store manager ended up giving me another $200 fertilizer spreader of the same brand. Guess what? Yep, that door fell off as well. I finally found one of the doors in the spring. Meanwhile I have two tow behind spreaders I strongly dislike. I would likely give them away if given the chance.

On the other hand, my John Deere attachments from 25 years ago still have parts available from the dealer. That's worth paying a small premium in my book............so I buy my stuff from my dealer as well. Plus they will always deliver it. Guess what is the best way to unload new implements? With the HLA Pallet forks which I use the 2nd most often. The most often is my rear carry all............

·
Registered
8,206 Posts

Spoken as if I wrote it myself...............

Nice having one source for everything.

I bought a fertilizer spreader for my non 3 point lawn equipment from a local Family Farm and Home. The spreader was made in Vietnam, which is supposed to be much better than most of the China stuff. In the first season of using it, the drop control door fell off.............NICE.......Thank goodness I was pulling it with my zero turn and could go about 12 MPH or I would have burned the crap out of my lawn.

Unable to get any parts from them. I pointed out the failure happened during the "warranty period" and the store manager ended up giving me another $200 fertilizer spreader of the same brand. Guess what? Yep, that door fell off as well. I finally found one of the doors in the spring. Meanwhile I have two tow behind spreaders I strongly dislike. I would likely give them away if given the chance.

On the other hand, my John Deere attachments from 25 years ago still have parts available from the dealer. That's worth paying a small premium in my book............so I buy my stuff from my dealer as well. Plus they will always deliver it. Guess what is the best way to unload new implements? With the HLA Pallet forks which I use the 2nd most often. The most often is my rear carry all............

·
Registered
350 Posts
My BIL in Alberta got me a set of AP 10 x 42" pallet forks this summer for our 2032R.
My local Deere dealer was not easy to work with on this, and BIL does an average of almost $1 million every other year with his local dealer. With that in mind they treat him VERY good.

I'm very happy with the forks. They have performed well and have been extremely handy for a lot of jobs. Being retired from a lot of years in tool and die work, manufacturing engineering, the AP 10 forks are extremely simple to make with modern processes, very rugged and user friendly.

It will be easy to add a homemade bolt on 2" receiver socket and a bolt on hay bale spear. There may be a little cheaper alternatives. Alternatives that come with more bells and whistles.

I'm more than happy with this product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts