Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an email from Deere today that a new 5M is coming out sometime in the month of April.
I signed up to get more info when available.

Below is what they emailed me today.

You’ve asked for it.
Now you get it.

New 5M Tractors. Coming Soon. Be the First2Know.

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am mainly curious to see what they are changing or adding etc. Could be pretty interesting, could be just moving a few R model features down to the M. Can't really tell by that pic they sent out.

IE. An ehydro or some form of Auto trans option might be something very interesting for faster loader work.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am mainly curious to see what they are changing or adding etc. Could be pretty interesting, could be just moving a few R model features down to the M. Can't really tell by that pic they sent out.

IE. An ehydro or some form of Auto trans option might be something very interesting for faster loader work.
When are you getting one?

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When are you getting one?
LOL.
Probably not. LOL
Who knows. I sure won't say never. LOL
I guess it might depend on what they did to it.
I suppose it could be something I just can't live with out. 😁

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
9 Posts
You’ve asked for it.
Now you get it.
No DEF, fewer electronics, and better brakes?? 💚💚💚 (Well we did ask...)

Probably not #2 though, as it looks like a StarFire receiver on the cab. Not something I really need on a utility loader tractor.

Looking to see what the rest will be; wish they'd just announce it versus dropping a "Sometime this month" teaser.

·
Registered
2013 4120 eHydro, 400x, 448 backhoe
102 Posts
No DEF, fewer electronics, and better brakes?? 💚💚💚 (Well we did ask...)

Probably not #2 though, as it looks like a StarFire receiver on the cab. Not something I really need on a utility loader tractor.

Looking to see what the rest will be; wish they'd just announce it versus dropping a "Sometime this month" teaser.
No DEF, LOL!

·
Registered
2013 4120 eHydro, 400x, 448 backhoe
102 Posts
As of this posting Deere is still showing the 5075M without DEF. Problem is it has the 2.9L 3-cylinder which is a bit undersized for the 5M. Might be functional but I'd want the 4045 (which means DEF).
Any diesel engine that is >= 75 horsepower has required SCR/DEF for nearly 10 years.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I would expect MORE electronics, NOT less.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would expect MORE electronics, NOT less.
Yes that is right, I expect the same. But i hope that you have the choice of a tractor with a bunch of electronics, some electronics and a basic model with almost no electronics like they did with the new 6M series.

Here you can see what i mean: (0:33-1:00 )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts