Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working out in a pasture when I picked up this lovely jem in my tire. Later that night I noticed both of my back tires were flat. It was a day with bad luck. I was able to plug the first tire with out the deer antler stuck in it. The next day I had to ratchet the deer antler out with a come a long to remove it. That one thankfully I was able to plug also. Time will tell if the plugs will hold.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh the bad luck, but Oh, what a sweet Victory!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I was working out in a pasture when I picked up this lovely jem in my tire. Later that night I noticed both of my back tires were flat. It was a day with bad luck. I was able to plug the first tire with out the deer antler stuck in it. The next day I had to ratchet the deer antler out with a come a long to remove it. That one thankfully I was able to plug also. Time will tell if the plugs will hold.
Now I have seen and heard everything as far as getting a flat tire.

Look at how the tire cleaned off the end.

Should have used that snatch block. It's easier on the cable.

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
I never even knew this was a real hazard until recently. I was watching a farmer from N.J. on YouTube and he got two flats in one day from deer horns. The one was nearly impossible to remove from the tire and he had to drill it out. Who would have thunk it?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I like the way you used a homonym in your title.

Deer(e) horn in tire.

:lol::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Farmer I hunt on was just showing me one side of a ten point rack that cost him time and money. Horn punctured rear tire and then some how punched a hole thru his fuel tank. He then Explained the costs to me. New fuel tank, patch tire and refill with fluid. NOT sure if he is expecting me to cover them or what. Guess I should have shot THAT one..........:lol:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Now there's something you don't see everyday.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Now there's something you don't see everyday.
Apparently this is a pretty big problem.

Maybe the farmers will let you start shootin them from helicopters. No season or limits. Just get rid of them like hogs down south. lol
Just don't forget to clean up afterwards. Pick up any loose horns that are broken and or shot off in the process. lol

Just seen one yesterday. Thought it was going to run into the garage where I was sitting. It turned at the last second and went behind a hill in the front yard. Then it took off into the field across the street. It was running towards more houses. Was pretty big but no horns.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Damned deer!!!
:laugh: i thought that too:lol:

I never even knew this was a real hazard until recently. I was watching a farmer from N.J. on YouTube and he got two flats in one day from deer horns. The one was nearly impossible to remove from the tire and he had to drill it out. Who would have thunk it?
was that on the one lonley farmer channel:dunno: i think i remember that also

·
Registered
4,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

Man this guy sucks. He got to come up with a better system. lol
Pulling the whole assembly out in one shot is a way better idea. He screwed him self by cutting them tips/points off. Plus using that step bit was a bad choice.

What is up with the cream on them plugs?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Man this guy sucks. He got to come up with a better system. lol
Pulling the whole assembly out in one shot is a way better idea. He screwed him self by cutting them tips/points off. Plus using that step bit was a bad choice.

What is up with the cream on them plugs?
Yeah i would have just yanked it out. I assume the cream is a sealant of some kind.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently this is a pretty big problem.

Maybe the farmers will let you start shootin them from helicopters. No season or limits. Just get rid of them like hogs down south. lol
Just don't forget to clean up afterwards. Pick up any loose horns that are broken and or shot off in the process. lol

Just seen one yesterday. Thought it was going to run into the garage where I was sitting. It turned at the last second and went behind a hill in the front yard. Then it took off into the field across the street. It was running towards more houses. Was pretty big but no horns.
I had a local guy at one time come out to take deer and coyotes out which is helpful. But he hasn't been out for a year or so. There are no shortage of deer around me that's for sure. I'm glad I don't have the wild boars around here. They are just as bad in other ways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts