Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn’t it seem extremely odd that Deere would not have a Powerflow to provide power between two implements? Either they are eliminating the bagging system or changing the deck. I don’t want to keep revisiting the issue, but I’ve owned Deere’s all my life. This issue cancelled my purchase of the 2032R and I would like it addressed. Why is there absolute silence?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Doesn’t it seem extremely odd that Deere would not have a Powerflow to provide power between two implements? Either they are eliminating the bagging system or changing the deck. I don’t want to keep revisiting the issue, but I’ve owned Deere’s all my life. This issue cancelled my purchase of the 2032R and I would like it addressed. Why is there absolute silence?
While I won’t pretend to know what your issues is I will say that your post reads like you believe that JD Corp is the sponsor or somehow involved with the forum here and that they will read your post and someone at JD in design or marketing will respond. If that’s not the case and I’m mis-interpreting my apologies.

However if it is the point of your post to have your concerns aired and read by JD and responded to by them-this forum and your post will not accomplish that. This is a forum for users, aficionados, etc of JD products to discuss-and there is no representation here by anyone at JD Corp (officially).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I won’t pretend to know what your issues is I will say that your post reads like you believe that JD Corp is the sponsor or somehow involved with the forum here and that they will read your post and someone at JD in design or marketing will respond. If that’s not the case and I’m mis-interpreting my apologies.

However if it is the point of your post to have your concerns aired and read by JD and responded to by them-this forum and your post will not accomplish that. This is a forum for users, aficionados, etc of JD products to discuss-and there is no representation here by anyone at JD Corp (officially).
My post is for users, who may have had similar experiences. My opinion is that Deere is the forerunner in tractor development. I’m baffled by this experience...

·
Registered
223 Posts
It could be a matter of priorities for JD. I wouldn't consider it unheard of that they are focusing on the launch and first year support of the new model. Frustrating to new owners, sure, especially when contained in a brochure. I could see them adding this accessory at a later time either due to aforementioned priorities or a snag they hit with the engineering.

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
The new 2032R is a completely new design and just a few months old. They don't advertise that a MCS is available for it yet and it may be another year before they do. This sort of thing happens every time they come out with a new machine. It takes time for them to catch up with every possible attachment/implement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new 2032R is a completely new design and just a few months old. They don't advertise that a MCS is available for it yet and it may be another year before they do. This sort of thing happens every time they come out with a new machine. It takes time for them to catch up with every possible attachment/implement.[/QUOTE

Here’s what I’m talking about...I hope the photo loads.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
Here’s what I’m talking about...I hope the photo loads.
Uh huh. I wasn't doubting you. But look at where that pic came from.

The "2032R" listed there is the 2012-2016 model year 2032R.

The 2032R that you wanted to order is the 2017 model year and it's an all new design. The model year 2017 2032R and 2038R use the same mower decks. Flip through that brochure and you'll notice that there is no mention of the 2038R in it anywhere.

That's because the implement brochure that image came from was never updated for 2017. It only covers model year 2016 and earlier machines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh huh. I wasn't doubting you. But look at where that pic came from.

The "2032R" listed there is the 2012-2016 model year 2032R.

The 2032R that you wanted to order is the 2017 model year and it's an all new design. The model year 2017 2032R and 2038R use the same mower decks. Flip through that brochure and you'll notice that there is no mention of the 2038R in it anywhere.

That's because the implement brochure that image came from was never updated for 2017. It only covers model year 2016 and earlier machines.
That makes sense, thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
The deck on the 2017’s is different from the 2016’s in size and design. It is also different than the zero turns 72” so their current power flow does not fit. I am waiting as well but there is no doubt it will be made available, be patient. Look at it this way, they could rush something half baked out but I prefer to think they are testing and making sure what is delivered works. I considered waiting a year before buying the first year of the new model but I ordered it when it was made avaialable. I have zero regrets.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Maybe not a leader

My post is for users, who may have had similar experiences. My opinion is that Deere is the forerunner in tractor development. I’m baffled by this experience...
I was talking with a Deere salesman last week who occasionally visits this forum but doesn't hang out. His opinion of Deere in general was that as a corporation, Deere doesn't necessarily lead with the newest ideas. Instead, they tend to come to market with basically second generation ideas and let other, perhaps smaller companies take the risk of throwing "new" stuff at the market. Then Deere takes the idea, polishes it up a bit and brings their clout to the market with the product.

I'm not sure that totally applies always but I think it's pretty accurate with agricultural equipment. Much of what Deere sells is a version of a trend someone else started. Sometimes that's gotten Deere in legal issues (think about the long running court battle over planter units) but it also means a lot of ideas that seem good but have some unforeseen issues don't go to market with green paint on them. Even in the SCUT, CT area Deere led with a product essentially designed and built elsewhere. That's not totally unique to Deere as other ag manufacturers did the same thing until they got a handle on that line of equipment.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread.

Treefarmer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts