Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new MX6 today and it does not vibrate the tractor all over! Deere redid the top atttachment point for much, much easier hook up with the three point.

I wish I had pictures of the other one handy, but here is the new one.

This one also came with a HUGE sticker showing the 5 year warranty on the gearbox (made in china)

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Glad you finally got that resolved Brian:yahoo:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wouldn't recommend moving your MX6 around with forks, it may warp the center shaft.

I hope the new swivel setup works better with IMatch, the old style could be cantankerous.

Glad you got this resolved Brian.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve, I do not use the forks to move it! I do store them there since they take up less room. I can pick them up and set them back there very easy. If i need the cutter, I can move them out of the way by hand. I do not have enough barn to have everything in its own spot.

It is so easy to hook up now!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Brian, glad to hear that the new MX6 is better. I would've proposed another solution.

A flail.

:tongue: :mocking:

Just buggin' ya......

-Jer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That looks much easier to hook up. I always have to get off the tractor and hold the A frame forward so the top hook on the imatch will attach.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Hmmmm I think I will modify mine.
Modify it to a roto-tiller looking frame with a horizontal spinning rotor, with floppy blades/hammers on it???

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

-Jer.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
That does look more imatch friendly. I wedge a hunk of 2x4 under the rear supports and that holds the front so I can imatch into it.

Glad Deere can through for you!

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
This one also came with a HUGE sticker showing the 5 year warranty on the gearbox (made in china)
I guess that's Deere's way of saying the gearbox is just as good as an American made one. Reminds me of the BMW TV ad showing Mom and Dad trying to convince their kid that a cheap substitute is just as good as the toy the kid really wants.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Looking good! :thumbup1gif: You must have been nice. Too bad it's snowing.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah Randy, its snowing. We have a solid 3 inches right now. Just got in from 4-wheeling with the kids. I taught them how to do cookies in the snow. I think they are dizzy now. 45 minutes of going around and around..... Their little quads are not going to go through much more than 6" of snow!

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
My snow cleaning is just ahead of me. Snow plow just went by. Oh, I didn't think YOU actually had to go round and round to get dizzy.:lol:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I picked up my new MX6 today and it does not vibrate the tractor all over! Deere redid the top atttachment point for much, much easier hook up with the three point.

I wish I had pictures of the other one handy, but here is the new one.

Any idea what was wrong with your old one?

I think the gear box on my MX-6 was made in Spain.

D.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wouldn't recommend moving your MX6 around with forks, it may warp the center shaft.

I hope the new swivel setup works better with IMatch, the old style could be cantankerous.

Glad you got this resolved Brian.

Center shaft?

As in the gear box output shaft?

D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts