Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Very cool, thank you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm with you TickTock, For me it seems like all the older equipment put a little more pride in their products. You look at the old tractors they all have their names on fenders or other panels stamped into the metal. Nowadays the only way you can identify what kind of tractor it is by the decals and the color of the color of it.

Personally the 50's JD logo will probably always be my favorite. It just possesses a touch of class I think the others are missing.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I prefer the four legged deer too :good2::good2:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I personally like the 1930's logo with deer and "Moline, Ill" on it! My 1947 D needs an older D on steel as a garage mate! But I only have a 3 car garage with 2 tractors currently in it. If I get a 3rd tractor the Mrs. will have to park outside and that will go over like a turd in the punch bowl!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I personally like the 1930's logo with deer and "Moline, Ill" on it! My 1947 D needs an older D on steel as a garage mate! But I only have a 3 car garage with 2 tractors currently in it. If I get a 3rd tractor the Mrs. will have to park outside and that will go over like a turd in the punch bowl!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You need to build a Deere barn. Build double the size you think you need. :bigthumb: :greentractorride::greentractorride::greentractorride:

·
Registered
471 Posts
You need to build a Deere barn. Build double the size you think you need. :bigthumb: :greentractorride::greentractorride::greentractorride:
One of these days I hope to do just that!!!

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
Personally, I prefer the late 50's 4-legged deer, possibly because I grew up on this one: chillicothe 2004 165 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had seen an episode of American Pickers awhile back, and they mentioned that Deere used to show more deer legs on their logo. I found this today:

https://www.deere.com/en_US/corporate/our_company/about_us/history/trademarks/trademarks.page

Interesting read for Deere fans. I also updated my profile and avatar pic to the 1956 logo in color.
I've seen logos embossed or in relief ( a raised image) on two floor standing (as opposed to bolt on) corn shellers.
The deer was a profile view with two legs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts