Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hmm looks like you have to take it in every year for service. My guess is the service isn't included in the warranty period. What do they charge for service? My guess is $150-200 and that might just be labor. I get cards from my dealer all the time in the mail (just tossed one the other day) for service deals this time of year and I want to say my Z950R is around that $150 for service and I think it also says plugs, fluids and filters are extra. However if I bring it in they will power wash it for free. They also offer a mobile service where they come to you. Of course no estimate on the cost of that and it likely is a per mile fee.

Some times these deals are not a JD program. I know there are some car/truck dealers that offer something along the lines of this. They include a million mile powertrain warranty or unlimited mileage powertrain warranty. I want to say most of them have fine print in that all service has to be done at the dealer. I have often thought about going in the next time I am vehicle shopping to see the details but they also happen to be on the other side of town so if I had to go there for all service, it wouldn't be very convenient. I prefer going to my garage and doing the routine stuff anyhow.

·
Premium Member
12,124 Posts
Some times these deals are not a JD program. I know there are some car/truck dealers that offer something along the lines of this. They include a million mile powertrain warranty or unlimited mileage powertrain warranty. I want to say most of them have fine print in that all service has to be done at the dealer. I have often thought about going in the next time I am vehicle shopping to see the details but they also happen to be on the other side of town so if I had to go there for all service, it wouldn't be very convenient. I prefer going to my garage and doing the routine stuff anyhow.
You nailed it. This is likely not a JD warranty plan. A quick Google search found several dealers offering similar deals. Some with a 1000 hr cap and others with a 2000 hr cap.

The JD website still only mentions the 6-year warranty.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeah, the fine print mentions the need to have it services at "a Hutson service location" and one of those brochure pics looks like that is the dealer name. If it was a Deere offer it wouldn't be limited to a single dealer chain to be honored. Doesn't necessarily make it a bad offer but note the restrictions before going into it...

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts