Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang-nab-it. My JD dealer never mentions the cost of a bigger deere pen when I adopt another orphan from him. And I'm always so love struck,:greentractorride: never think of it until the wife says she wants her garage back.
So we started today.
View attachment 27438

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
We need details. :munch: And lots of pics.:nunu::mocking:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh heck yes......and I even saw it 2 minutes before that. Of course it rained two hours later and half of the down spouts from the house run down that drain. Hence the emergency repair.

It's just going to be a two stall, nothing fancy, just dry and out of the weather for now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My neighbor's New Holland. Oh believe me......I've got his two young boys brain washed and JD sweatshirts for Christmas.
I was going to give them green and yellow spray paint but my wife drew the line there.:munch:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Keep us posted Dave!:good2:

·
Registered
640 Posts
How is the build going and who did you use for the building?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,123 Posts
How is the build going and who did you use for the building?
Thanks for the post GREENVA. Somehow I missed this thread, I must have been working.
Anyway PaDave, how is it going?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How on earth could a retired guy be so Xxxx'en busy?
The Deere pen is progressing and I'm VERY pleased with the quality of work and the care the guys have shown. Don't ya just love craftsman who excels at their trade?
They poured the floor and sealed it today. The old man told told his crew to take their shoes off before getting on the floor and spraying the sealer on.:thumbup1gif: View attachment 29014 View attachment 29015
I told Jerry, the concrete contractor, "When I have green LED lights underneath my 3520 and I pull on to this floor at night, I want to see the reflection on the floor." He just laughed and said I can do that but you won't like it in the winter!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Looks great Dave! How big is that garage gonna be? Just remember...........no matter how big you build it...........it's never big enough. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,123 Posts
Looking good PaDave
Smooth is good.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got some seat time today spreading top soil and 2A modified limestone over the rock base. I think I'll try the rototiller to crunch up the sod clumps then run over it with a rock rake and see what that looks like when it dries out.
Also got the conduit run between buildings and back filled. I'm ready for breakfast with the boys in the morning.

View attachment 29144 View attachment 29147

1 - 17 of 17 Posts