Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my tractor from Sloan Implement. Someone from Sloan must be visiting Agritechnica in Germany and is posting pictures on Facebook. Deere unveiled several new items there, but for this forum I think everyone would be most interested in the 1RE electric 1 series. The styling and nomenclature follow what they are doing with the new 8R and 7R tractors. I haven’t seen much about this tractor yet, but the concept might be a preview of a new 1R coming soon. Has anyone else found details on this tractor?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I'm interested to see what their plans are for that in the US.

I think it's interesting to note that they're not letting anyone get too close to that tractor. It looks pretty lonely in the middle of that display space.
Would love to see under the hood.

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
It seems to sit up higher than the current 1-series. If the current 1-series had that sort of ground clearance I would have bought one instead of the 2032R. I wish I could mount the tires from that thing on my 2032R too.

·
Corndog Hater
11,131 Posts
Very interesting l thanks for posting. My first thought when looking at the pic of the front with the headlights was, “angry eyes”.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Just too many people wearing suits to be a farm show....:dunno:

Electric tractor - future of farming.....?

Sure hope I am dead before that happens.

·
Registered
12,317 Posts

Couldn't agree more. :nunu:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,353 Posts

Couldn't agree more. :nunu:
Thought Deere already had an electric tractor............Just saying. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,317 Posts
Thought Deere already had an electric tractor............Just saying. :laugh:
Maybe that 1RE will come with a little wagon too. :lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,353 Posts
Maybe that 1RE will come with a little wagon too. :lol:
Ma Deere says, "can do", if ya slide an extra grand her way. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Very interesting l thanks for posting. My first thought when looking at the pic of the front with the headlights was, “angry eyes”.
I would be angry too if I was a newly styled 1 series and then found out I had range anxiety.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It seems to sit up higher than the current 1-series. If the current 1-series had that sort of ground clearance I would have bought one instead of the 2032R. I wish I could mount the tires from that thing on my 2032R too.
“Those tires” are already available for your 2 series-they are the new Radials that have several threads here dedicated to them-TTWT has an earlier version on his 2 series and just got the revised design on his 1 series.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Would love to see under the hood.
I bet there is nothing under there, which is why the tractor is being shown on a sea of isolation......it almost looks like its being punished or something. Check out that ROPS. It looks like an umbrella canopy.

Just can't get too excited about an electric tractor.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I bet there is nothing under there, which is why the tractor is being shown on a sea of isolation......it almost looks like its being punished or something. Check out that ROPS. It looks like an umbrella canopy.

Just can't get too excited about an electric tractor.
Agreed on both accounts.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow if the new ones will look like that, Im glad I got mine this year. Im sorry but thats pretty ugly
And the ROPS is even HIGHER!! Now add in the electric aspect and its a real deal breaker. I cant imagine this hitting US any time soon. I want to hear and smell diesel. Im sure itll go over big with a certain crowd.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Might be better than you think

I'm certainly hoping that electrics come first or are long delayed so you can have a long, long life!

In any case, I'm not sure electrics would be that bad. Easily variable speed with instant torque wouldn't be a bad thing. Battery weight wouldn't be as big of an issue as with cars. It would open up some interesting possibilities like having a motor drive a PTO at constant speed while the drive train speed varies with only a minimal transmission.

Batteries are an issue. Bad things happen if a lithium battery case gets a crack. My brother frequently tests those at work and the result is usually a pretty nice fire which takes a while to burn out. You won't be putting those out with a hand held fire extinguisher.

Still, all in all I wouldn't rule out the concept.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree with many of you that it was likely an empty shell on display.

I’m really unsure why so many people are so attached to gas/diesel engines. If they can make the tractor better by making it electric, then I’ll be fine switching. Various companies have been starting to make electric mini-excavators, they do have many benefits. Not having to deal with cold starts, cool down periods, air filter cleaning, fumes, messy diesel cans, noise. Doing loader work without needing heating protection would be amazing, and safer as you could hear others that may be around you.

IMHO the only two things they will likely need to overcome is initial pricing of electric tractors and how long they go between charges. If I can do at least 4 hours of PTO work like mowing on a charge, that will be enough. Sure that may not be enough for commercial use, but most 1-2 series aren’t for pro use.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

I gotta wonder how hard the install is on this new model....?

:munch:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts